RPG lover's wet dream

It’s better to own the cartridge because…it’s the tangible thing. Finding the real cartridge of a good game makes one feel as though they’ve found a relic, and gives one a sense of accomplishment, even though they probably shelled out a good amount of G for it.
If you’re looking for some totally obscure foreign game that’s out of print, or need to take screenshots of something, then fine, but otherwise owning a bunch of ROMs makes you look like a cheapass. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great! Too bad I’ve already got most of that.

Final Fantasy 2 (Box, Instructions, Map)
Final Fantasy 3 (Box, Instructions, Map, Poster/Order Form)
Chrono Trigger (Box, Instructions, Map)
Illusion of Gaia (Box, Instructions)
Super Mario RPG (Box)
Secret of Mana
Super Metroid

And a SNES that I’ve had since they were new. Still works great! (And a darn sight more durable than a PS2. All I did was drop the thing and it stopped working! My SNES has been dropped, banged, bumped, had all kinds of abuse put on it (by accident), and it still looks almost new!)

And, uhh, that’s not what a wet dream would be for me, either… It would have more to do with the girl in my avatar/sig. :blush: Ahh, Cherry, how do I love thee, let me count the ways…

Playing on emulators definitely takes some sort of intangible experience out of it. Like, I’ve tried CT, FF6, and whatnot through emulators (I was a Sega child, so no SNES), and I can tell they’re good games, but I just can’t get into them. On the flipside, I’ve tried playing Bubble Bobble or Toe Jam and Earl in emulators, and I love those games, but it’s not as fun as a real version.

I really can’t see a difference is playing on a console and playing it on an emulator, but perhaps thats because i always played my games on a computer, so my gaming experience is sitting at a keyboard for hours on end. On the other hand, maybe the people who think owning a cart gives you something a rom can’t have a different gaming experience, like sitting in front of a TV with a controller for hours on end.

I’ve almost gotten used to using the keyboard over using the gamepad. I’m trying to revert back by using a newly bought (well, 2-months old at least) PC gamepad for emulation. They can spoil you.

What’s the game in the bottom right-hand corner?

lasrever, like someone already said, you need to take a look at the rules since rom posting isn’t allowed. Good intention, but there’s just rules (I’m still happy since I want games on my laptop and roms are a easy:D).

dude, it’ is Lost Vikings 2.

>:( I hate you. Now I’m glad we didn’t talk! Ha ha! :smiley:

What was the comment?

And a SNES that I’ve had since they were new. Still works great! (And a darn sight more durable than a PS2. All I did was drop the thing and it stopped working! My SNES has been dropped, banged, bumped, had all kinds of abuse put on it (by accident), and it still looks almost new!)
I must have had like, a MUTANT PS2 or something, because, you know, I hear all these stories about them breaking easily, but mine was still ticking after going through more torture than anything I’ve ever seen, ever. It’s corners were blunted, the rubber grips on the bottom were torn off, I have physically bashed it with my hand more than once, one time I destroyed the FFX DVD inside, it was sharded, the PS2 still worked perfectly.

And then there’s SNES, which breaks from normal wear and tear. I don’t see how people can worship snes’ durability and still call the PS2 fragile. The PS2 is a fucking golem. At least mine was.

My SNES is pretty tough, the only problem is that the catridge slot is a little warped, so it doesn’t hold carts tight enough, and even the littlest vibration will knock the cart off of the headers.

And it has a coin in it. :hahaha; Been in there since the day i bought it, but i’ve cracked it open to get it out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t say it, Vicki! GM did! Don’t hate me. :frowning:

I banged my old one because it wouldn’t load my Champions of Norrath game properly (froze at loading screen, brand new), and now the power button won’t go on, and it’s dead. I got a new one, however.

Oh, this is all about GM here. :smiley:

Hellz yeah!

Wow, I thought I was the only Sega child here.

Since I don’t have the greenbacks to shell out for all the classic games and systems (much less actually finding them), I’m going to get a modchip installed in my ps2 in about a month so I can play imports and what have you, but there’s an NES and an SNES emulator for the ps2. :smiley: Hopefully playing the roms on a tv will feel better than playing the roms via emus on a computer.

Damn you. I meant ‘bang’ as in, like, ‘smack’.

I happen to not get a Console during the Genisis/Megadrive VS SNES era because I am poor kid, and I played almost all of my games then in store or at friends houses. I still do, but if I like the demo/time in store. (I manage to get to Kilika in one morning when they had the FULL FFX with no memory card)

Big Nutter
It feels wrong playing old Sonic on the new Nintendo Consoles. (Sonic Mega Collection/Sonic Advance)

God, I can’t understand anything you ever say, Nutter.

Computer says no!

You gave it heroine? No wonder it wouldn’t work anymore! <font size=“1”>(Sorry…I couldn’t resist :P)</font>