rpg game suggestions

Hey,

I need some ideas for christmas gifts. Does anybody know of some good computer games that you don’t have to play online. I like games that are like final fantasy and dragon warrior.

Can you give us some info on what type of games you like? Do you like combat oriented games, games that are focused on dialogue, is graphics an important aspect for you, do you have an old computer?

I’m not a big PC gamer, but here are my suggestions:

The Sims (or The Sims 2 if your computer can handle it)
Heroes and Might and Magic series (play each one in sequence as they get more complex)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Here’s a suggestion: never say “RPG game” again or I’ll punch you. RPG stands for “roleplaying game” so “RPG game” means “roleplaying game game.” :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want FF/DW-ish gameplay on the PC, its quite limited sans emulators. THe only two PC games I can think of of my head that have console-styled gameplay are Anachronox and Septerra Core, and Anachranox is the only one worth playing.

My computer is good its got a
pentium 4 2.6Ghz processor
256mb ati radeon 9200 xtasy graphics card
768mb of ram
and a 160 gig hard drive

I’m not a big Sims fan. I might try the Heroes and Might and Magic series. Graphics aren’t that big of deal to me, and i like games that are based on fighting and saving the world from evil and things like that.

I’m not sure if the style is of your liking, but I would recomend the Infinity Engine games, especially Planescape Torment (The story rOxOrZ) and Baldur’s Gate 2 (Which gets even better because you can install a whole load of mods that add fun shit). If you don’t care much for plot, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 are pretty good.

Hehehe roleplaying game game… you just reminded me of Spongebob’s “campfire song song”…Ah never mind.

Yup, Sims 2 would be a great X’mas gift.

I recommend Avernum. In fact, I ORDER you (and everyone else here) to get it. Now. Seriously.
Oh, and Planescape: Torment, get that too. :open_mouth:

Shut up and give me your PIN number so i can use the ATM machine.

Ok Mr. Shigeru-san…

… Mr MR Shigeru. (Gary Oak- Pokémon JP-En Changes)

Big Nutter
Pc RPG Games, Nutter has seen BoF4 for PC…

He could mean Rocket Propelled Grenade game. :hahaha;

Do you guys want me to revive this thread?
RPGs=rocket propelled grenades

Ummmmmmm…There was this one puzzle game but you can’t really have anything past Windows 98 in technoledgy to play it so…

Ok I wasn’t thinking straight when i made this thread. anyways I don’t need anymore suggestions. I’m going to do some looking into these games
Planescape: Torment
Avernum
Balder gate II
Prince of persia sands of time and warrior within
and possibly everquest.
besides theres 2 movies I want so that will take up some of the money that i’m limited too.

Thanks for all of your suggestions

No. We don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

If that the case… Doom, Quake and Unreal Serieses.

Big Nutter
(I think it’s weapon 3 or 4 in Doom 1)

Yeah, and avoid Neverwinter Nights like it’s a plague.

If you want a story about fighting evil, i’d go with Seraphim and get Baldur’s Gate 2, should be really cheap by now.