Romancing SaGa USA

Does Anyone Know If The Romancing SaGa Games Are Ever Going To Be Released Here In America?

I’ve heard rumours that they might be released on the GBA, but I highly doubt they ever will be.

They had better release them on a playstation 2 collection.

The chances of the RS games coming out are sadly slim. We can only hope. Although the sad thing is this. Many feel the RS games are harder than later SaGas. If so then main stream people whining SF was impossible will probably keep dying on the second boss of RS3 let alone RS2… Sorry to be bitter, but…

RS3 is the most likely to be ported based on the fact that American gamers HATE being truly challenged by an RPG (plus it already has a sizable emulation following). I’ve got friends who tout themselves as Squaresoft fans but hate Final Fantasy 5 and Star Ocean 2 (Earth Mode) because they’re “too hard”. Romancing SaGa 3 mostly just has a learning curve. RS1 and especially RS2 reach over, roll a magazine and beat you like a bad puppy.

I disagree. While Romancing SaGa 2 is very difficult, Romancing SaGa is arguably as easy (and in some ways even easier than) Romancing SaGa 3. It doesn’t have much of a learning curve at all (the gameplay is simple), it’s easy to figure out what you need to do next (Romancing SaGa handled non-linear gameplay the best out of all the SaGa games), and most of the bosses are laughably easy to defeat. Plus you get money by the fistful, so purchasing good equipment is never much of a problem. It’s still my favorite of the Romancing SaGa trilogy though :slight_smile:

I’ve just recently been able to get RS3 and I must say that if the other two are half as good (small joke) then I’d love to buy all three! Not that Squeenix cares that much, obviously… They are supposed to be remaking SaGa 1 for WSC, but since even that hasn’t been slated for translation, i’d say the RS games are pretty back burner…

Final Fantasy X got pretty hard towards the end. 7-9 were not hard though

Whoa, whats with the Final Fantasy fanboys. WEll final fantasy is awesome, though

SaGa 1 and RS1 were both remade on WSC. RS1 on WSC had some extra stuff left out of the SNES version too, I believe. WSC is dead though, so it doesn’t matter much. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude, I reeeeally wanted to play the WonderSwan Color version in English. FH and David Mullen are months late with their SNES patch because they won’t stop hacking aesthetics, when there’s a BUNCH of stuff that could use Mana Sword-esque editing to fix the game back into “pre-Nintendo cut” shape. So not only are we going to get a neon-flashing feel to the game when we play it, but we won’t get to do the stuff the WSC put back in.

PS I may appear to have quite a bad attitude considering that they ARE translating Romancing SaGa, but the fact that they’re DOING their flashy-patch means that it’s highly unlikely that anyone else will do another translation to do things right. IE The Star Ocean (SNES) patch has ISSUES but because that patch is available, no one’s going to do another version of it. ROM Hackers have lives, too, and they don’t want to spend months translating something that’s already been done (Well, except for Sky Render). So when a patch is done badly, it’s generally bad forever.

Romancing SaGa looks pretty cool

Umm, does anyone beside me though FRontier 1 had hard bosses?

I always thought SaGa Frontier had hard NORMAL enemies. The bosses you could always combo on and do 7,000 damage with 3 300 HP characters, but you never knew when that Dullahan would use Siren or something would charm someone you’d set to attack-all.

I don’t think you’re right on that Polygon. The only Rockman and Forte patch available for a long time was a crappy one, buy AGTP (the dudes doing RS2) made a GREAT translation patch for it. :smiley:

I for one, think it’s COOl that they’re working on making the game look better. It really looks BAD, honestly. :stuck_out_tongue: For an SNES game, it’s really just terrible. :stuck_out_tongue: Like they did the minimal work they could to make it look like a game, and then they just started working.

If no one does the WSC patch, it’s really because the emulation scene for that consol isn’t exactly that high. The best WSC Emulator really sucks. :stuck_out_tongue: But I mean, people have done several different versions of FF1 and 2, for example. People make translation patches for games that they KNOW will be released in english (Like Rockman Zero) just to play it in english earlier. I don’t think that there is absolutely no hope for the patch. I just wanna play it. That’s all. If you wanna complain about patch quality, you could say some stuff about RS2’s poor english. But honestly, I don’t care. I can play it in a language I know. And that makes it enjoyable. You shoudl learn to appreciate cosmetic tune-ups :smiley:

Does anyone else here think SaGa Frontier had hard bosses? I thought they were hard because they tend to damage you faster than you could heal. And your characters have HP in the 100s, and healing doesnt work too well either

I thought SaGa Frontier was a good challenge

Really, I care about aesthetic looks more than English quality. But more than either, I care about code integrity. RS1 already failed on that one. I disagree on Romancing SaGa’s appearance. The text formatting sucks, but the menu screen as an old map is the coolest thing ever. The location swapping maps give an “only partially charted world/journey planning” feel. Romancing SaGa really isn’t a neon game; that’s not the way it presents the world or your quest.

To be honest, I’m more mad than I otherwise would be because I personally emailed F.H. to ask if he would release a version of the patch with JUST the text translated and without his editing. In his response, he essentially said “no because I like the changes too much to let anybody play it without them”. Whee. ::doh::

I thought RS1 was pretty easy.