Romancing SaGa: so, it's out now.

Some advice I can give for people. First don’t worry about missing quests. Perfectionism is boring. Second try to vary what you do each quest. Ie don’t do everything the same exact way. One thing I’m doing for example is making it so I have a different party for each quest more or less. Well for the most part. This helps make the game a lot more enjoyable. Still wish the quests had the variety level of U.SaGa or SaGa Frontier, but ah well.

Hi guys,
ive been a huge fan of the saga series and have been playing the latest release.
did any of u guys got the spells of necromancy?

ive look in every town and it seems like noone is teaching it…
also i am having problem increasing my relationship points with death… for some reason i cant perform the pillar vortex… can anyone help me out with these problems?

thanks

All right you can not buy sorcerery or necromancy spells. There is a character that can use them. The Red Mage, but he’s a temp character. Having him join you can be a bad thing.

As for Pillar. Some say you must have an evil point already for pillar spamming to gain more evil points. Also if you learned of the location of “Saruin” from Trials of Elore or Aldburg before hearing the “Tale of Death” from the Minstrel you can never hear it in that quest. In order to gain at least one evil. First you must be Hawke, Gray or Jamil as they start with some. If you are none of those characters then do one of the following. Kill Wuhan, Kill Galahad, Kill an Elemental Lord, Complete Soul Gutter Quest or get the Obsidian Sword. There may be more than that.

To preform the pillar, I believe it’s a three person combination. One person must be in front while the person on his left and the person on his right must be in the middle row. If you can find three attacks that combo together and such then you have a chance of pillar coming up. Some have said pillar only raises points once per battle. So if you get it to appear once in a round don’t worry about getting it to appear a second time or whatever in the same round.

Advice for you. Once you find your combination rely on fixed order. This way you can make sure the members attack in the order you want increasing the chances for a combo and hopefully Pillar. I also make sure the two not involved in the combo attack a different enemy or heal as to avoid messing up the combo.

Hahaha, Silver is awesome! Her character model and voice are really cute, and she has a funny attitude: “Just remember, I’m the boss and you’re the bossee; as long as you keep that in mind we can go together.”.

Yeah Captain Silver herself is awesome. She’s one of my favorite characters so far. Including for reasons you already stated. I like her “Heh you can come work for me” line.

Neidhart is pretty fun. I’m a little ticked that A) Polearms kind of suck and B) They don’t share a single class with Lances. But Neidhart is good despite his low BP Regen, so at least there’s a good Polearm USER. I just got Silver before going back to school for my final party:

Claudia: Kjar Sentinel - Bows, Healing Water

Myriam: Wizard - Every Wizard skill, including Staff

Diana: Rosalian Lancer - Short Sword, Healing Water

Neidhart: Rosalian Lancer - Polearm, Healing Water

Silver: Draconite - Greatsword, Katana, ?

This party was already rockin’ BEFORE getting Silver, with Gray as my “bridge” character. Gray seems a lot “luckier” than other characters, getting Surges/Reverses, Tech sparks, and Deflects easily at only Level 1 Long Sword/Swordsman. Kinda fun to have Neidhart and Diana together, too.

Heh I haven’t tried out Neidheart yet. I plan to use him as part of my Albert Quest. I’m taking someone’s suggestion to use a Knight theme with his game. So yeah Albert, Raphael, Neidheart, Galahad and Dragon Knight. Currently my party is a Jamil (Main), Gray, Hawke, Darque, and Dowd. Which is the party planned for his quest.

I think I want to use the Dragon Knight in Sif’s game… just because HE’S the one that awakens her Dragon’s Eye talisman, whatever her story may be. Sif looks totally wierd now. It’s mostly the horned helmet. Does she get a costume edit with the Dragon’s Eye like Gray and Albert do with the Demonbrand and Mirsa’s Armor, respectively?

Lol btw I’ll bet the biggest gripe you (and many others) have with Jamil’s game is he can’t get Farah, when he’s the one it would make most sense to get Farah with. Farah seems like a character you’d get obsessed with too.

Wait the Dragon Knight is supposed to awaken the Talsiman for Sif? Heh never knew that. As for Farah, I was afraid that only Jamil could get her. Then I find out Jamil is the only who can’t get her. Also yes I’m obsessed with Farah. She’s one of my favs of the game.

BTW even though I planned out that party ahead of time, it was totally unintentional that Neidhart is surrounded by 4 girls. =D

Oh well, next playthrough Myriam will have to be the only female for most of the game, until I can get Freilei. =P

Heh in my case my party for Claudia being all female is very intentional. She’s going to be my closer and she will be helped by Aisha, Captain Silver, Farah and Myriam. Actually my party for Aisha was also all female. Aisha, Barbara, Myriam, Farah and Frielie.

I think the main reason why Myriam is appealing is that she seems to be “metagaming”. Her battle quotes include comments about whether or not magic is effective on the enemies, and how she hates the monsters it isn’t. And when Gray, Myriam, and Galahad part ways, she says something about wanting to get other types of magic besides Fire. Coupled with her light-hearted attitude, this makes her seem like she treats the adventure and combat like one big game, which is exactly what it is for you the player.

Well besides what you mentioned part of the reason I like Myriam is the mage aspect. I also kind of like her new design. Partially because of the witch outfit. Plus the pigtails are a nice touch over all. Plus I made a lot of use of her when playing the original version so go figure. Heck when I first played the remake my most major goal was to get her in my party.

Thus she was there for me in Aisha’s game and I used her in Hawke’s game until I replaced her with Captain Silver. I am kind of trying to give every character a chance. However to fill in the gaps special bias is given to Myriam. As well as Farah and Captain Silver of course.

I didn’t really see it as a “witch” outfit ala Owl/Eule, but rather sort of a “stylish mage”. Myriam, in this outfit, would be the classy wizard in a ‘Deadlands’ type Western fantasy, just come in from back East with a pocket full of spells and considrable wealth.

See what I mean? She seems more interested in looking fashionable while kicking butt than looking creepy or kooky.

Ah okay. Well honestly you can’t direct link to images from RPGamer. Although when I went there and found the image in question. After trying to click to view a larger version it just took me back to the home page. Weird.

I heard bad things about this game but its 20 bucks so what the hey

Hey, is this game good? It gets bad reviews.

Has anyone beaten any of the RS GAmes for Snes? The first one was poorly translated but I beat it. LIke, everything on The Whirpool isn’t fully translated

I got this game about 2 weeks ago and I’m onyl 12 hours in on Claudia’s quest. I find the game fairly hard at times, and rather tedious when I don’t know what to do next.
But still, I think it’s an awesome game. My team consists of Claudia (Strongest, archer), Grey (Uses a sword), Barbara (sword, but I found out she heals VERY well), Galahad (he does 200~ damage punching… and his weapon broke and I have no money right now…) and just today I recruited Farah as an archer, but from what I read she’s also a good healer? I might invest in spells if I can get the funds up.

Well to be honest when it comes to healing. I make sure everyone has water heal or moon beam. Moon beam is usually for those who do not have “Hydrology” due to having Pryology spells. As well as those who have a higher BP regeneration rate.

In my own personal case I had Farah with Staff, Areology, Illusioniary, and Cosmology. Although that was my first quest and I was new to the game. Most likely I’ll pick something different for her in the near future.