Roleplaying in unexpected places

Today one of my coworkers was talking about how she wanted to try Kinoki detoxifying foot pads, and it reminded me of how I’ve been meaning to read up on these so that I know exactly why they don’t work. I know it’s got to be a scam of some sort, I just want the scientific facts. So, I Googled them and found a very entertaining review, which I will quote here:

Thank you Kinoki, your product protects me from toxins. Being a magic user I am particularly vulnerable to toxins since I have low hitpoints. By placing these on my feet I can confidently attack rogues with poisoned blades without worry. Thank you Kinoki, because of you I was able to reach level 12! oh and my feet smelllll GREAT!!!

P.S. I am a caster and tend to wear light colored cloth robes, I prefer white. My robes use to be dingy all of the time and I couldn’t figure out why. I now know it was all the toxins in my body seeping into my robes. I had always put off wearing my +8 magic +2 health +2 speed robes because I didn’t want to ruin them. I can say I have been wearing my new robes and look fantastic. I think the elf across the way has noticed me. Any way, thank you again. My life is vastly improved from your man pads.

This made me giggle, so I wanted to share. For me, this was the health scam equivalent of “I put on my robe and wizard hat.”

I’m also interested in what you thought I was going to say based on the title. It’ll probably be a lot more interesting. :smiley:

Lol, this is my favorite brand of humour. I’m dying right now, lmao.

Good stuff. :smiley:

From what I read the pads contain dried wood vinegar which dissolves back into a liquid when it comes into contact with your foot sweat, and the vinegar is dark colored when a liquid.

Magic!

I thought that you would post a few pics of you or/and your coworkers role-playing in the Lab.
Maybe next time? :wink:

Haha, that’s pretty funny. I was expecting roleplaying in a restaurant or something to that degree.

“Would you like to order, sir?”
“Nay, kind shrew. I shall smite you with my Hammer of Truth w/+10 Charisma…then I’ll put on my Helm of Destruction+1”

Casting an identify spell would clear things up.

Screw that! I’d rather tie holy symbols to my feet then cast feather fall on them, and call it a day.