Revenge of the Titans

I bought the Humble Bundle that came with this retro-graphics, micromanaging tower defense game, but never cared to install until it made its way into Steam this week.

Pretty addictive, but the way mr. Egghead tells you what you need to reasearch sucks. Now I’m stuck in a stage with ghots, but four technologies away from anything that can cause them any harm. I also can’t find any decent strategy guide on the internets. Does anybody else have any tips?

Yeah, that’s kind of what put me off the game too. You have to already know which techs are good and which are dead ends if you want to win.
You also have to have (near-)optimal builds since your money is carried over from mission to mission and if you spend too much on one mission, you’ll have to skimp on the defense in every mission from there on.

It’s a lovely game, but it’s not fun to have to go back eight levels because the branch you picked on the tech tree was useless against the next type of enemies, which you didn’t even know would show up.