Redecorating

I am going to devote the first month of the new year completely re-doing my bedroom. I am going to paint, buy new blinds, curtains, etc. I am also going to go for a completely asian theme as well. I will probably buy a few things here and there, but I have decided to make my own paintings. I don’t have any inspiration though, meaning I don’t know what to paint. Does anyone know of some cool sketches or paintings on the net (asian/chinese/japanese whatever themed) that I could look at in hopes of recreating it on canvas for my room? I’ll look for the generic cool character to paint (though I’m no good at calligraphy) but other than that, I don’t know what to put on my wall. I’m also not a very good art critique and thus I’m venturing into unfamiliar territory here. Anyone have anything they could show me? Or any ideas of what I can look for in stores and/or make?

Am I the only one that thinks this is going to turn out really bad?

If it’s gonna be Asian, paint the room yellow.

Try looking for Japanese Wood Block Prints. They usually look really nice.

Why do you say that?

My friend recently redid his room in a Japanese theme. He painted the walls a sort of beige color. Along the top he used a generic dragon stencil and repeated along the top of the wall in red. The in the middle of the walls he wrote large symbols of earth, fire, wind, and ice in black.

Painting the room’s walls is one thing (something I’ve always thought was awesome was sponging the paint to make a pattern, but htat takes forever and its not that “asian” I guess), but painting all the art you want to find in your room yourself is another thing altogether. You should buy the scrolls and the rest.

I do think the stencil idea is a good one if you want to do that kind of thing.

Paint it red! It’s good luck! :smiley:

I didn’t think of stencils, perhaps I could do something like that at a later date. I wouldn’t know where to find them though :\

Painting the room’s walls is one thing (something I’ve always thought was awesome was sponging the paint to make a pattern, but htat takes forever and its not that “asian” I guess), but painting all the art you want to find in your room yourself is another thing altogether. You should buy the scrolls and the rest

I’ve got quite a hand and talent for painting and have done portraits and scrolls before professionally. I doubt that I will regret doing it all myself instead of shelling out a hundred dollars and more for getting all the things I want.

If you’re that good, go for it. I’m usually pessimistic so I may just be a nay sayer. Google for asian or japanese art, see what’s for sale, to get an idea for style.

You should paint Lucky Cats!

I do believe that I speak for everyone when I say: However it turns out, good or bad, we want to see some pictures (especially if it’s bad:P)

I painted my room a really light blue and then painted a mural of a blue dragon with gold-edged scales throwing fireballs which snakes all the way across the room. It’s da bomb. ^^

And oooh, you should get some Hiroshige prints…they should be fairly easy to find.

First time I’m saying this to a girl and not meaning her boobs/ass.

PICSPLZ

Edit: Preferably in its own thread, so we don’t derail this one.

Okie dokie. :3

I’ve got a Hiroshge Snowy Landscape print. It’s the only one I could find, but I heard there were ones of other seasons and I want them.

You should stick to getting a fake sword and telling wild stories about it to anyone who visits your room because it’s much easier and less expensive :maho: