Reddit post from someone wanting to make a shrine

lol!

And yeah, I didn’t know we had an RPGC subreddit. Apparently pretty much no one else did either, by the looks of it.

Wow, I guess that shouldn’t be surprising… but no more new (legit) members is kind of sad. :frowning:

That is what we were using: our version of vBulletin only supports the old and broken version. Maybe if I sometime find the time to convert us from vBulletin to something modern like Discourse or NodeBB.

All they have to do is contact me and I’ll manually create an account. The ratio of new legitimate users to spambots was something like 1:10000.

I vote NodeBB. The layout of it is nice and responsive.

I think the Join page should be updated to mention the subreddit, and take out rptrian’s email since it doesn’t seem to exist anymore. That would make it easier for people who are trying to join (speaking from experience) :thinking:

Agreed. Any new emails about joining will be coming to me, so that takes care of that at least.

Eh, still preferable to a spambot.

Well that’s good to hear; yeah that ratio doesn’t surprise me.

Sweet! :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to talk my friend into signing up here to work on the Diablo 1 or Diablo 2 shrine. That guy is a Diablo know-it-all. He lives for all things Diablo.

… However he’s also lazy… so I’ve not much luck in recruiting him.

I myself am idle in the middle of a legacy of goku 2 shrine for gba… mind you I did a little bit the other night after getting inspired by your enthusiasm! :stuck_out_tongue: But I too was lazy having started it 5 years ago and now with work and all, it’s not as easy as I once thought… I will finish it though; when is the question (hopefully sooner than later).

Same here with Radiant Historia.

Though in my defense, trying to come up with the HP, Exp and G numbers for enemies on a cart is rather difficult and tedious given that there’s nothing in the game that directly tells you how much HP something has and Exp/G totals are combined and modified at the end of battle in pretty rapid succession (combos modify Exp and G totals which and fights are rarely homogeneous with alternate enemies which means this is taking far longer than I’d care to admit).

Also, drop tables. Fuck drop tables. I’m not doing drop tables on a cart only since everything has like three or four different drops and none of that is specifically denoted by who dropped what (I’ll take what I can find online, but that information is strictly for drop exclusive equipment only). Also, there’s certain fights that can only be fought once per save file (specifically the Black Guardians at the end of the game and some of the prologue enemies before you get the White Chronicle), which again, makes getting any relevant information out of them really tedious.

all this talk about making shrines almost makes me want to get back into shrining… almost.

Dude you’ve come so far…just enjoy the rest of your life!

yeah, that’s probably why I’m not going back to shrining… unless I find a sneaky way to cross-promote my books while I’m at it. Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Lmfao, don’t make another shrine unless our wiki suddenly takes off. (Spoiler alert: it totally won’t.)

if I knew the first thing about wikis I would totally try helping with that in an attempt to revive the site… again, if I knew anything about making one.

I wouldn’t mind working on the Wiki for Light Crusader as well as my normal shrine, but I don’t know if the ftp/forum username I was provided also works on the wiki. I’ll have to try that out. If not, I’ll need a wiki username.

Also, what’s the policy on youtube videos, if any? Only if they belong to me? Or none at all? I’m guessing none at all?

It would probably be better to not incorporate those since YT vids are rather volatile, space intensive and Adobe Flash updates can get weird sometimes.

Logins are currently broken but would’ve been the same as on the Agora. The integration plugin was abandoned some years back; one of these days I’ll check if someone hasn’t picked it back up again by now.

A new shriner? Welcome!

Did Shadows over Mystara, was a blast to play, and quite the thing to type a walkthrough for. Dragon’s Crown ALMOST makes me want to go back to the whole walkthrough business. Almost.

Games these days are quite huge and the amount of data is much, much more vast. Wikis seem to have taken the place of a simple shrine-like page… but… Good luck and enjoy!

Experience can be it’s own reward 8)