Recruiting Players for a Mercenary Campaign

Time Slot: 10:30 est Saturday mornings or 3:30 gmt

Starting XP: 3500 (Level 3 + 500xp)
Starting Gold: 3600, no item more than 1800, Cannot have more than 500 gold left when campaign starts.

Interest so far:

1. Crystallis, Barbarian
  2. Warlock, Cleric
  3. HH, TWF Urban Ranger
  4. Chris, Undetermined
  5. Ruda, Undetermined
  6. Arac, Barbarian
    Extras:

Character Creation:

I will roll 3 sets of stats for you using 4#d6, you choose the set you want.

Full hit dice for first three levels.

You can craft magic items if you have the feats for xp and reduced gold cost.

Normal crafting(with craft skills) is not allowed, but you can say that something was crafted by you if you have ranks, must still pay full price.

Urban Arcana Traits are allowed, no flaws.

All PHB, and MM races are allowed, I highly recommend you do not take la.

All knowledge skills taken will award you with additional background information on the world, useful or not is up to you.

Setting:

All dieties from all wizards books are elligable for choice, as well as

Clangeddin
Race: Dwarf
Alignment: Lawful Good
Domains: Law, Strength, War, Good
Favoured Weapon: Dwarven War Axe

The game takes place in my Homebrew setting of Veralia, we can discuss your characters home once you have your concept down.

General World Knowledge:

Elves generally inhabit the great western forest, and are stereotypically Wise, Scholars, Elitist, and Xenophobic. A small percent of the population has turned their backs on their forest brethren and moved into the cities of men, or gone out adventuring but still usually prefer to have a lot of space forming wooded communities on the outskirts of towns. The Elves Formal Capital is the City of Hollowberry on the edge of the forest, but many whisper of a More Ancient Capital Deep within the woods.

Half-Elves grow up as either humans or elves.

Half-Orcs, and Orcs, Goblinoids, and all other sentient savages are virtually non existant in the land of veralia, having been exiled past the Horus mountains into the northern wasteland by the ancient Illmere Empire. The residents of Veralia tend to like it this way and any Half-Orc in Veralia would be wise to hop the nearest ship out and never come back so I really don’t want you to pick one of these races.

Gnomes are the descendants of products of magically influenced breeding programs created by the Illmere empire to serve as servants to the rich. When the Illmere empire dissapeared long ago the gnomes became free and revelled in it, and their descendants continue to do the same. Gnomes are the biggest lovers of art, science, and many are extremely succesful merchants. Several Gnome Gypsy Caravans travel the southern desert located where the Capital of Illmere used to be, exploring their art and mysticism away from the races that long ago subjugated them, but holding no deep resentment for them either. Few know of the gnomes origin, and even less care. The Gnomes capital is the City of Art, Illustrae.

Halflings are not native to Veralia, arriving by sea within the last 1000 years as immigrants looking for a better life in Veralia, and can be found anywhere Humans are. Halflings tend to be extremely playful, and love pulling pranks and tricks. They are exceptional athletes and are responsible for the success of widespread sport tournaments. They have no formal capital, but have put in requests to have the City of Althletes, Almere made their capital.

Dwarves are miners, craftsmen, honourable, and industrialists. They are a proud people who protect the other races from the horrors of the north from their network of forces across the Horus Mountains. There is also a large network of Dwarven Mercenaries throughout Veralia called the Iron Hammers that’s pretty much monopolized the mercenary market.

Humans are pretty much jacks of all trades, they do everything, and there is no set racial stereotypes for them.

Politics/Nobility: The human Viel Family has ruled the land of Veralia since the fall of the Illmere Empire, all other races pay tribute to them and they have the final say in all matters of politics. The current King, Walter Viel, is a widow who’s wife died giving birth to his only daughter, Veronica Viel. He has not showed any interest in remarrying.

Most other cities are controlled by a small group of nobles who take care of internal matters. These nobles are mostly humans, but some cities, primarily the capitals of races, have a representation of the dominant race.

Basics of your situation:

Valgas Heartstrong, Retired member of the Veralian House Guard, in his old age decided to put his efforts into forming a new mercenary operation to allow non dwarves to have a chance to make something of themselves in the market. Allured by the promise of individual quarters, easy access to jobs, or just the scale of the operation, you are among the first batch of new recruits ready to start out in the Valor Corps.

I’d be interested, but the time is a problem, in that I am at work at this time. And if I do not work, I do not get paid. Not getting paid is a bad thing.

Chris of the Broods stats

Set 1: 17, 15, 13, 13, 12, 7
Set 2: 16, 14, 14, 12, 12, 11
Set 3: 16, 14, 14, 13, 13, 8

Arac’s Stats:

Set 1: 15, 15, 12, 10, 10, 10
Set 2: 15, 15,14, 13, 11, 8
Set 3: 18, 16, 15, 15, 13, 8

HH’s stats:

Set 1: 18, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10
Set 2: 17, 16, 16, 15, 15, 13
Set 3: 16, 15, 15, 13, 13, 7

What’s EST at in relation to GMT?

… I’ll just not comment on the fact the gmt time is sitting next to the est time and tell you it’s -5 gmt.

I totally didn’t see. Fuck me, I fucked up.

<font size=5>FUCK YOU ALL!</font>

I can do this if HH’s campaign moves, or I just don’t rejoin it. I’ll think about the latter and tell both of you before next Saturday.

hh’s campaign was cancelled.

Oh, then I guess I’ll do yours.
Speaking of which, I need to know how much a mastwork warmace costs and weighs, as well as how much a face-covering-helm costs and weighs, before I can finish my character sheet. Also the name of the feat that allows me to see properly in the daylight.

Arac, the feat is Daylight Adaptation, and the latest version is in Races of Eberron, I believe.

Thanks, Chris. Hm. I’d really like to post the sheet now, and if I’m going to double-hand the warmace, I may as well just use a greatsword. Higher crit range, no AC penalty, more character fitting.

I think I can play. In fact, it looks like a most optimal time. <_<

drop bear’s stats.

Set 1: 17, 14, 13, 12, 11, 9
Set 2:15, 14, 12, 11, 8, 7
Set 3:14, 14, 13, 13, 12, 10

Arac the reason we suggested you 2 hand the warmace is so that you can add 2* your str mod to damage once you hit level 7.

That cannot be done with a greatsword, then? There isn’t a Martial Weapon Master class that can do the same thing?

nope, you could take bastard sword instead, and do d10 instead of d12 but have the advantages you mentioned for greatsword.

Edens stats:
Set 1: 16, 15, 14, 14, 13, 10
Set 2: 16, 15, 13, 12, 9, 8
Set 3: 17, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9

Hm. I think I’ll have a bastard sword to start with. When I pump my AC some and raise my con, I’ll switch over to Warmace and focus on it, if it seems like it’d be necessary. Double the rate of crits makes up for two points of damage, 'f you ask me.
Edit: Hell, I have way too much money, I may as well by a greatsword and warmace, too. How much is the warmace?
Oh, and also, would carrying a pound of platinum around count as having too much leftover gold?

warmace weighs 10Ib and costs 25gp

The exotic weapon’s master prestige class requires exotic weapon prof and weapon focus with the 1 handed weapon you’re going to use so you’ll have to decide right from the start.

and I forget how many coins are in a pound but as long as it’s worth less than 50 platinum and additional money you have with you doesn’t ad up to 500 it’s all fine. if you have extra cash left over just buy potions.

Kor stats:

Set 1: 17, 17, 14, 11, 10, 7
Set 2: 15, 15, 14, 12, 9, 7
Set 3: 14, 13, 13, 12, 11, 10

A pound is worth 500 gp. I was just wondering if carrying around a raw pound wouldn’t count as money.

And I can’t decide right from the start, VS, I don’t have enough feats yet. If I took Exotic Prof and a Focus, I wouldn’t have daylight adaptation.