Recommend Cid an anime, take two

Well, your rating levels seem to be about the same as mine so I might as well recommend some of my favourites to you.

Irresponsible Captain taylor is extremely funny, a sort of mash/star trek style, maybe not your thing but it’s awesome.

Hunter x Hunter is a pretty funny anime, but it does tend to have a bit of the dbz style power hunting then prolonged battles, the actual fights are good though.

Naruto is very similar to Hunter x Hunter, only they’re ninjas. It’s a less serious show, and very entertaining.

Trigun, although a bit unreal, is very entertaining, and the plot isn’t bad either.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a decent anime you mgiht want to watch as well, follows the path of a Spirit Detective who protects modern world from demons. Definatly suffers from the DBZ syndrome.

For a Samurai World setting you might want to watch Rouruni Kenshin, definatly got all aspects of a good anime covered.

Samurai Deeper Kyo, and Samurai Champloo are also in this setting but aren’t quite as good.

Some of these have got to interest you.

Heh, thanks again. :sunglasses: I doubt I’ll ever get around to watching all this stuff, but I’ll slog through it slowly when I get a chance.

First off, from back a ways, you can’t just say an OVA is awful in comparsion to a series. If anything it’s just an extention to a series, like a movie, except sometimes the storyline isn’t relevent to the main plot. Oh, and you’re not clever Nightblade. Anyway…

I just started watching Samurai Champloo myself, and so far it’s not too bad. If anything, it doesn’t suffer from having a bunch of unrealistic overly rightous main characters like most other series.

Well, I’ve posted a review of <A HREF=http://www.rpgclassics.com/staff/cidolfas/air.shtml>Air</A>, so you guys can look if you like. If anyone wants to help with screenshots of my other reviews, that’d be nice. :sunglasses:

I can help with screenshots Cid. I still got Air on my HD.

EDIT: And also Xenosaga.

I already have shots of Air (I don’t think I need more than one…). The others are a different story though. I still have the vast majority of them on CD somewhere but it’d be a pain to do it all myself. -_-

Well, you were able to put your thoughts into words, which is more than I could manage. I’ll just say I’m glad you enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

What’s next on the Cid-list?

I’m tackling Bleach next, I think. I’m also playing Grandia, and so far enjoying it more than any of the last five games I’ve reviewed. :sunglasses:
Of course, when Wild Arms Alter Code F comes out next month I dunno how far I’ll be… :wink:

drool

Boogiepop Phantom.

I don’t know where Nulani is, but I am going to first/second it. Go watch Boogiepop. :stuck_out_tongue:

I forget the list you have there, but if you haven’t already, Serial Experiments Lain. (Though I think you would have watched it by now since it is teh rox)

:kissy:

I second/third Boogiepop. Once the WTFness wears off and things start making sense, it’s really good.

I thought that Lain was slightly overrated in the same way Evangelion was. It’s still very nice but unnecessarily complicated on some areas and nothing makes even the tiniest amount of sense until the last chapters.

I agree with the Boogiepop Phantom and SE: Lain recommendations.

But I disagree with the comments that either one starts making sense toward the end.

You could try Shuffle. It’s an anime about this dude who can either become god or demon, by marrying the princess of either one of them. It’s one of those romantic comedy, the only reason I started watching this is because of this screenshot I saw.

It’s not the KKK you are thinking of though.

Kindaichi Case Files the Movie.

The TV series was better as a manga, the movie has no ties with any of the books. Of course…that is if you like Mystery shows. I guarentee it has great character development especially when the murders are revealed.

EDIT: Arg! How come nobody here mentioned Full Metal Panic?!

There is one anime I have seen and really like, also on CN/Adult Swim, but may be worth a look, if you can get it.

Paranoia Agent. Weird Story, but there is something about the character, and how the villian is portrayed.

Haven’t quite finished, but looks promising.

Would somebody please tell me how to change what it says under your name?

Become staff, get 1000 posts, or be female. Take your pick :stuck_out_tongue:

:hint: Well, if you liked Air, you might like Kanon (which is also based off a B-game made by Key). Also, like Air, it’s rather boring in the first half, but picks up well in the second half (though the ending overall is happier than in Air, but anything more would be spoilers).

Also, in the second episode of Air, the three girls that give Yukito a poor score of his performance are from Kanon (Ayu, Nayuki, and Makoto I think). :slight_smile:

Berserk, Samurai Champloo, . . . MAYBE evangelion, and i always like to recommend DN angel but i don’t know. there is always GitS SAC . . . (Prince of Tennis, HnG, and Naruto are all things that you could like . . but if you dislike any one . . none are for you)

Well the games are made by Key after all.

EDIT: Key, I meant Key.