Recommend Cid an anime, take two

Well, I won’t argue with that. I’m about as fanatic as they come. :stuck_out_tongue: Certainly more so than you’ve all seen. I’ve tried not to show it too much, here.

I’ll simply hope you do get the chance to see it, and that you’ll tell me what you think of it when you do.

Ragnorak is pretty bad. Read the manga

The problem with manga is the same as anime: It costs too much to buy, and honestly I’m too embarrassed to take it out of the library. 8p When it comes to reading material I’ll stick to good ol’ books if you don’t mind.

I don’t watch much anime (I play more RPGs) so that’s why I wanted to try and make sure people know what I already like before recommending something that they like (but I might not). I’m not quite sure people took that into account, though. ^^;

Your tastes seemed to range enough to make future choices unpredicatble! :smiley:

Here’s a list from AoD; it may give you an idea or two.

Click me!

Oh yeah, Giant Robo isn’t very expensive to pick up a volume…you can easily get volume 1 for ten dollars, and it has the first two episodes, with the very first episode is over a hour long.

Well, you gave ratings of anime you’ve already seen. That just tells me that you like/don’t like those anime. Means very little.

If you’d said something like “I prefer Shoujo anime” or “I don’t like anime with a lot of violence” or whatever, it would make suggesting easier. Since I hadn’t that to go on, I had to go with what I knew best. :wink:

Well, I have seen a not-tiny amount. I figured it’d at least give you something to go by. :sunglasses:
Rirse: Is Giant Robo about giant robots? Like mecha, that kind of thing? Because from what little experience I have with mecha anime, they tend to be awful.

Well I only have three animes to reccomend:

1.Azumanga Dahio:Really great comedy about the high school years of this group of girls.

2.Yakitate Japan:Another comedy about baking bread (really hilarious)

3.Bleach:I’m seeing it,but maybe you will like it too.

Azumanga Daioh has little action and very little plot; it relies on short “episodes” about the adventures this group of girls have and some cultural references to get the humour across. It is hilarious, though, (at least in my opinion) and rather cutesy. There’s nothing fantasy or unreal about the anime (except Osaka’s weird daydreams) and there’s nothing dark about it.

You might like Bleach though. It’s kinda like Full Metal Alchemist except a fraction less dark.

You can always watch Dot.Hack//Signs if you want. I think it still comes on real late on cartoon network. that is if your looking for a drama with a lesbian relationship.

:moogle: Or if your in the mood for something a little more cheerful theres that other series. The title escapes me.

Well, that’s helpful. 8p
I don’t get Cartoon Network, by the way. Or cable TV at all.
Thanks for all the tips, guys, by the way. I will be taking the advice of at least some of you. :sunglasses:

Let us know what you watch and what you think of it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I already started watching Air. I generally don’t comment on things until I’m finished them, though. :sunglasses: I’ll write up reviews of whatever anime I watch; I always do. :sunglasses:

Giant Robo does have giant robots, but it deals with more then that. Trust me, you should like it, Cidolfas.

“Trust me” is hardly convincing; why don’t you tell him in detail what the anime is about?

Air needs to be watched twice to fully appreciate it.

It really does. You miss all kinds of subtle things the first time.

The problem with the list you gave to help folks now what kind of anime you like is, well, there are different things people like about books, or anime, or video games even. What I may like about R.O.D. or Witch Hunter Robin, you may not like. I actually read your reviews, so I guess I might have an idea. With FMA, it’s the fact that it has a great storyline to it I thought. You might as well have just said what kind of anime you like and why.

Paranoia Agent just might be your thing if your into that suspense and plot twist thing that FMA has a knack for in some of it’s episodes. There are moments when I’m watching that show when I’m wondering what could possibly go wrong, and then WHAM! it busts me in the head. It’s just good. Suspensful, you know?

It’s about this guy named Lil’ Slugger, who’s been going around recently and busting people over the head with a bat in Japan of all places of course. The series centers around two detectives who are trying to track the serial batter up. I’m sorry, bad joke. I mean, trying to track him down. The thing is, while it centers around the investigation, the victims of the serial batter are really the focal point of the series and keeps it going. It’s quite good I think.

Then again, you don’t have Cartoon Network, so you can’t watch it for free on Saturday and Thursday. That sucks.

I am downloading Paranoia Agent right now. I really love thinking inside the <B> box </B>, because there are so many <b> torrents </b> in the <b> box </B>

I can’t say what “kind” of anime I like, because there’s plenty of stuff I haven’t tried yet. :sunglasses: I can tell you that I like a good storyline and I like good characterization (the latter of which seems to be quite rare, at least in what I’ve seen). If something just looks cool, it’s a plus, but if the rest of the show is inane, it won’t sit well with me.