real person Cameos

Gackt is most definately a guy, but I have to admit, he can look a bit strange sometimes.

What is the word? Androgenous, he seems to be. Just by looks of course. He is mighty skinny and that’s what I meant before that he looks quite fascinating. I wouldn’t have known him from male or female and he seems to give off a mysterious quality. Very built for the camera.

I see none of that in Squall though. Maybe now I will whenever he does the famous hand on his hip thing, or the very slammin’ “Whatever.”

in pics # 3,4 and 6, he looks like a girl… but meh, it’s like you said eva…:thud:

Yeah, androgenous is definately the word. He looked like Tidus as well for a time, I think in the video to Vanilla. Some of his songs are great though.

And I’m guessing that some of his inspiration comes from David Bowie. -_- Man, some of these people are just not human. If I see anyone looking like that in public I walk away very quickly.

A lot of this is really interesting. The Adlai Stevenson quotes are spooky. and the Squall/Gackt resemblance is remarkable. I knew something good would have had to come out of hearing all about Gackt in the chat, lol.

Rinoa bears a lot of resemblence to Michelle Branch… >.>
The only picture that makes Gackt look like Squall is the first one. I am surprised no one has mentioned Mr. T looking like Barret.

I WANT GACKT VIDEOS! >:\

If you can bear using Kazaa, there’s quite a few Gackt videos on there. U+K Live is mad, it has dancing cats. The Vanilla video’s great live too, and I’d recommend the Mizerable video. They’re probably his best songs (along with Another World).

dusts KaZaA off
Alrighty. New parts to my F-Serv :smiley:

mmhh…Marylin Manson looks like Kefka…

Irvine and WWE Star Shawn Michaels look similar. If any of you watch the WWE, you’ll know who Shawn Michaels is.

The Shawn Michaels c. 1995-6, definitely. I’m not sure Irvine’s hairline is far enough back to match him now :mwahaha:

I just searched Shawn Michaels and Irvine does look a lot like him.

Interesting choice of Boris Johnson for an avatar by the way, he’s a legend.

Originally posted by gab157
[b]I was playing FFVIII lately (just bought it) and I was wondering, Cid looks just like the actor Robin Williams (that,s what I thought) but is he the only real-person cameo in FFs?

I heard GoGo was some governor or something from the real world and his “lair” was described his biography or something [/b]

I though Cid looked more like Clint Eastwood

Originally posted by FATE
mmhh…Marylin Manson looks like Kefka…

Kefka looks like a cross between David Bowie and Alice Cooper(look at the cg on anthology).

One that I’ve just been reminded of, slight resemblance but you can see where I’m coming from, hopefully-

Vincent (FFVII)- Kai (Lexx)

I had heard that Rinoa was modeled after the singer of Eyes on Me, actually.

I know it isn’t FF, but I thought Krelian looked an awful lot like Elrond (I know Elrond came later).

I’m a little late to the party. But Gakt looks more like Payne than Squall. Umaro looks like the Snowmonster from Rudolf.