Rap Sucks

Rap has really been pissing me off lately. As a joke that was started in the late 80s and early 90s, I am appalled that this trash is still floating around.

Every day, I turn on Canada’s favourite televised music network, Muchmusic, in hopes that they’ll play some nice Billy Talent, The Killers, Hoobastank, Alexisonfire, etc.

But what do I get? Nine tenths of the time it’s some shitty carbon copy rapper singing with his shitty voice over shitty synthesized repetitive electronic shit. Want an example? “Yeah” by Usher.

And when I say carbon copy, I mean it. These “musicians” all have the same shitty electronic bgm, identical lyrical subject matter, wear the same eyedeath “gangster” clothing, all have deep, grindy, incomprehensible voices, almost all of them have the same hair, I could go on. The only way to tell them apart is their names. I’m talking about stupidheads like Kanye West, Usher, K-OS, Ludacris, Jay-Z, etc.

And the females aren’t any better. Beyonce, Ciara… and worst of all Keshia Chante or however the hell it’s spelled. I can’t stand that whore. Even her name is stupid. KEESHA SHANTAY KEESHA SHANTAY KEESHA SHANTAY GOD I WANT HER TO FUCKING DIE. They’re all fucking harpies. And then there’s Beyonce. Miss “Oh look at me I sing about surviving because it’s so hard to live on my weekly million dollar cheques.” She thinks she’s hot stuff, but she’s just a LOSERWHOREFACE who should get off my TV.

And they keep showing this commercial for… a new CD by Old Dirty Bastard? I thought he was fucking dead! Just like Tupac, his sorry ass has to come back and haunt me from beyond the grave. You just can’t get rid of these fuckers.

Whew, glad I got that off my chest.

Billy Talent, The Killers, Hoobastank, Alexisonfire, etc.

You rock, just for saying that.

Yeah, I do, don’t I?

Mainly because Alexisonfire & The Killers rock. Hoobastank is such garbage, and Billy Talent is okay, I guess.

Rap Sucks

Tell us something we dont know. Okay there may be one or two rap songs that I like but thats it. ROCK FOREVER!!! Sorry. Just felt like saying that.

Whatever you say, Mr. Poopypants. Personally I love the song “The Reason.” It’s one of the best I’ve ever heard. Hoobastanks has a dumb name though. I hate when good bands have shitty names. It always confuses me.

Well, it does have a nice tune. That, and the other one related to The Reason, forgot what it was, are good. But compared to their other trash, I’ll consider the whole fucking band garbage.

Lucy was 7 and wore a head of blue barettes
City born, into this world with no knowledge and no regrets
Had a piece of yellow chalk with which she’d draw upon the
street
The many faces of the various locals that she would meet
There was joshua, age 10
Bully of the block
Who always took her milk money at the morning bus stop
There was Mrs. Crabtree, and her poodle
She always gave a wave and holler on her weekly trip down to the
bingo
parlor
And she drew
Men, women, kids, sunsets, clouds
And she drew
Skyscrapers, fruit stands, cities, towns
Always said hello to passers-by
They’d ask her why she passed her time
Attachin lines to concrete
But she would only smile
Now all the other children living in or near her building
Ran around like tyrants, soaking up the open fire hydrants
They would say
‘Hey little Lucy, wanna come jump double dutch?’
Lucy would pause, look, grin and say
‘I’m busy, thank you much’
Well, well, one year passed
And believe it or not
She covered every last inch of the entire sidewalk,
And she stopped-
‘Lucy, after all this, you’re just giving in today??’
She said:
‘I’m not giving in, I’m finished,’ and walked away

(Chorus: x2)
1 2 3
That’s the speed of the seed
A B C
That’s the speed of the need
You can dream a little dream
Or you can live a little dream
I’d rather live it
Cuz dreamers always chase
But never get it

Now Lucy was 37, and introverted somewhat
Basement apartment in the same building she grew up in
She traded in her blue barettes for long locks held up with a
clip
Traded in her yellow chalk for charcoal sticks
And she drew
Little bobby who would come to sweep the porch
And she drew
The mailman, delivered everyday at 4
Lucy had very little contact with the folks outside her cubicle
day
But she found it suitable, and she liked it that way
She had a man now: Rico, similar, hermit

They would only see each other once or twice a week on purpose
They appreciated space and Rico was an artist too
So they’d connect on saturdays to share the pictures that they
drew
(Look!)
Now every month or so, she’d get a knock upon the front door
Just one of the neighbors,
Actin nice, although she was a strange girl, really
Say, ‘Lucy, wanna join me for some lunch??’
Lucy would smile and say ‘I’m busy, thank you much’
And they would make a weird face the second the door shut
And run and tell their friends how truly crazy Lucy was
And lucy knew what people thought but didn’t care
Cuz while they spread their rumors through the street
She’d paint another masterpiece

(Chorus x2)

Lucy was 87, upon her death bed
At the senior home, where she had previously checked in
Traded in the locks and clips for a head rest
Traded in the charcoal sticks for arthritis, it had to happen
And she drew no more, just sat and watched the dawn
Had a television in the room that she’d never turned on
Lucy pinned up a life worth’s of pictures on the wall
And sat and smiled, looked each one over, just to laugh at it
all
No Rico, he had passed, ‘bout 5 years back
So the visiting hours pulled in a big flock o’ nothin
She’d never spoken once throughout the spanning of her life
Until the day she leaned forward, grinned and pulled the nurse
aside
And she said:
‘Look, I’ve never had a dream in my life
Because a dream is what you wanna do, but still haven’t pursued
I knew what I wanted and did it till it was done
So i’ve been the dream that I wanted to be since day one!’
Well!
The nurse jumped back,
She’d never heard Lucy even talk,
'Specially words like that
She walked over to the door, and pulled it closed behind
Then Lucy blew a kiss to each one of her pictures
And she died.

Rap has really been pissing me off lately. As a joke that was started in the late 80s and early 90s, I am appalled that this trash is still floating around.

That’s incorrect. It wasn’t started as a joke. It’s also not trash just because you don’t like it. Learn your music history, and learn some tolerance for other styles of music.

But what do I get? Nine tenths of the time it’s some shitty carbon copy rapper singing with his shitty voice over shitty synthesized repetitive electronic shit. Want an example? “Yeah” by Usher.

Funny you say that. Usher is actually a very good singer, especially for a male R&B vocalist. He’s actually a lot better than the guy from Hoobastank. I’d know; I’m a vocalist. :stuck_out_tongue: Oh, that reminds me…Usher isn’t really like rap, if you wanna start breaking music down into genres. :stuck_out_tongue: But whatever, I’ll assume you don’t.

And when I say carbon copy, I mean it. These “musicians” all have the same shitty electronic bgm, identical lyrical subject matter, wear the same eyedeath “gangster” clothing, all have deep, grindy, incomprehensible voices, almost all of them have the same hair, I could go on. The only way to tell them apart is their names. I’m talking about stupidheads like Kanye West, Usher, K-OS, Ludacris, Jay-Z, etc.

Dude, Kanye West, Usher, and Ludacris sound absolutely nothing alike. :stuck_out_tongue: Like, I don’t even know how to disprove this…it’s just not correct. :stuck_out_tongue: You can dance and sing to Usher, whereas you can’t really do either to Ludacris. Kanye is somewhere in between. Just how many songs of theirs are you basing this off of? :stuck_out_tongue:

And the females aren’t any better. Beyonce, Ciara… and worst of all Keshia Chante or however the hell it’s spelled. I can’t stand that whore. Even her name is stupid. KEESHA SHANTAY KEESHA SHANTAY KEESHA SHANTAY GOD I WANT HER TO FUCKING DIE. They’re all fucking harpies. And then there’s Beyonce. Miss “Oh look at me I sing about surviving because it’s so hard to live on my weekly million dollar cheques.” She thinks she’s hot stuff, but she’s just a LOSERWHOREFACE who should get off my TV.

Most of those songs like the one you’re talking about are ones that are about what their life was probably like BEFORE they got to where they are today. Beyonce isn’t rap either, btw. And like what? Rock songs really have all that better of lyrics? Most rock songs you hear on the radio these days are like “Oh I loved you but you don’t like me anymore and I just-can’t-fucking-get-over-it-I’m-an-ASSHOLE” :stuck_out_tongue: Just like there are rockers with good lyrics, there are rappers with deep lyrics. The biggest point of rap and other such music is for dancing anyways, but if you want good lyrics, you can find them if you actually tried. You won’t find very amazing rock OR rap on TV or radio (I rather enjoy dance music on TV and radio though, because I don’t listen to any sort of dance music primarily for lyrics anyways), but if you look around, you can find some rap with pretty awesome lyrics, too. Try Public Enemy on for size.

And they keep showing this commercial for… a new CD by Old Dirty Bastard? I thought he was fucking dead! Just like Tupac, his sorry ass has to come back and haunt me from beyond the grave. You just can’t get rid of these fuckers.

Yeah! You know who else gets on my nerves, is Nirvana! Why did they keep releasing CDs after Kurt Cobain died? The nerve of those guys to have unreleased tracks. The NERVE of those record producers that know they can make money off of old artists who no longer make music. Jeeeeeez :stuck_out_tongue:

Whew, glad I got that off my chest.

Me too. :smiley:

Rap may suck for you, but it’s cool to other people. Just as you like Heavy Metal, but there are people who despise it.

Discussing about which musical styles rock or suck is pointless, for it’s a matter of taste and not something absolute.

Rap sucks.

Metal rocks.

End of discussion. :stuck_out_tongue:

Man fool SG, Usher is not a good singer. I don’t know what twisted criteria you’re using to judge him, but good LORD he will never be anywhere near as good as the singer from Hoobastank. He may have the voice, but then again, so does Christina Aguilera, and she’s is SHIIIIiiiiiTTtt.

And I group R&B under rap. It’s the same general thing.

Just how many songs of theirs are you basing this off of?
Only their recent ones. The ones that matter :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s incorrect. It wasn’t started as a joke. It’s also not trash just because you don’t like it. Learn your music history, and learn some tolerance for other styles of music.
Chill :stuck_out_tongue: My post was only half serious :stuck_out_tongue:

And like what? Rock songs really have all that better of lyrics? Most rock songs you hear on the radio these days are like “Oh I loved you but you don’t like me anymore and I just-can’t-fucking-get-over-it-I’m-an-ASSHOLE”
You know that’s pretty funny, because when you compare those lyrics to I-kill-cops-and-fuck-my-homegirls-blingity-BLINGGGG they actually are a lot better :stuck_out_tongue:

D: I like Public Enemy, Scarface, and Mos Def.

Dick. :smiley:

Hades, you’re describing the shitty rap. It’s like hating punk only because of Good Charlotte and Simple Plan.
Oh, and Usher isn’t rap, neither is Beyonce, ciara, or many of the other people you’ve mentioned. They’re either R&B or some similar facsimile thereof.

Edit: also, you can’t discredit someone’s talent just because you don’t like them. I hate usher, but he is definitely talented in the area of vocals and dancing.
Well, of course, you <b>can</b> say they’re not talented, but that’s immature, and we ALL know you’re not immature.

Hey I likke Good Charlotte. Actually the only “punk” band I really hate is Green Day. They do what the other ones do, only worse :stuck_out_tongue:

And like I said, I group R&B under rap. It’s the same idea, only they attempt to sing, but do it poorly, but not as poorly as rap, and the music is softer and not all boomboombooming with bass and drum machines. You know?

Hades, you’re talking from a slant again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I like Hoobastank’s the reason, but like all other shitty punk/rock/pop/whiny male guitar bands, they only have one popular song under their name, and if they’re lucky, their other song will reach the top ten and then just fade into oblivion. They aren’t a good band, they have no catch, all they have is the ability to appeal to a puberty-striken age with one lovey-dovey song that has a lyrics a 10 year old could like. I love the song, but only because of the way it’s sung by uh, that dude. But right up there on the charts as a classic, well written song? Don’t make me laugh. Hoobastank, along with Simple Plan, and Jimmy Eat World and their entourage are all a flash in the pan. I give them a couple more years, if that, and then we can go on never hearing from them again.

Not all rap is about bitches and hoes. I think Sorceror said one time that bling bling and tire rims and all that shit is all they had n the ghetto, and that’s why they rap about it. he can explain it better than I can, but I remember him mentioning it. I consider some rappers (rap-ists?) poets (especially Tupac), just because they have a methodical and completely talented way of getting a message across (regardless of whether it’s about a hoe or ice) using butchered english, or even properly. Yeah, Usher is getting tiring (I liked him in his earlier years) but he CAN sing. I too, am tired of the raps being put out just to make a buck, only to have the songs become teenage anthems that appeal to 12 year olds at junior high sock hops. But a lot of it is good, creative, and extremely fun to dance to.

Hahaha, for a moment there i thought you were being serious. Heh.

Man fool SG, Usher is not a good singer. I don’t know what twisted criteria you’re using to judge him, but good LORD he will never be anywhere near as good as the singer from Hoobastank. He may have the voice, but then again, so does Christina Aguilera, and she’s is SHIIIIiiiiiTTtt.

I’m basing it off of the criterion for being a good vocalist. :stuck_out_tongue: Things like diction, phrasing, spin, style…No, Hoobastank’s singer isn’t all that bad. But YES, Usher is a LOT better. Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue: Vocal is my instrumental emphasis in my major, which is MUSIC. I am able to listen to a singer and evaluate them based on what I know makes a vocalist a good vocalist. This is definitely an area I know a lot about. Just trust me. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I group R&B under rap. It’s the same general thing.

In the way that all the rock subgenres are the same general thing, yes. But, I don’t like to make the distinction, either. I think categorizing music into very specific genres is dumb.

Only their recent ones. The ones that matter :stuck_out_tongue:

Even their recent ones sound a lot different from each other. :stuck_out_tongue:

Chill :stuck_out_tongue: My post was only half serious :stuck_out_tongue:

Kay :smiley:

You know that’s pretty funny, because when you compare those lyrics to I-kill-cops-and-fuck-my-homegirls-blingity-BLINGGGG they actually are a lot better :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a matter of opinion. I think they’re BOTH just really fucking stupid, if you ask me. :stuck_out_tongue: One of them assumes the role of a sociopath (rap), one of them assume the role of a socially inept person (rock). Neither of those are acceptable or better than the other. :stuck_out_tongue: But in the case of dance music, it doesn’t bother me, because I don’t listen for lyrics first. For me, lyrics are the most important thing in rock music, so if the lyrics in a rock song suck, I can’t enjoy it. THis is why I like a lot of mainstream dance music, and not a lot of mainstream rock.

I prefer Thrash-Metal :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Gutterslut

Slut! Slut!

I need a gutterslut oh so bad
The kind of slut that’s dirty and bad
I’m gonna fuck her till she pees
I’m gonna make this bitch bleed

Fuck her in the ass good and hard
After I’ve chased her through the yard
I don’t use vaseline 'cause I like to
Fuck dirty and mean

Slut! Slut!

Strip your clothes off with my eyes
Ram my pecker right up inside
The bitch starts whimpering to me
In the morning will you respect me?

Awakened rudely in my bed
The bitch just slapped me upside the head
I see the front door’s open wide
So I kick this fucking bitch right outside

Lines for whores!

I’ve had you too many times before
Your cunthole’s begin to widen more
I’ll have to tie a board to my ass
Or lose my life in your unforgiving crack

Slut! Slut!

Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut! Slut!

Lines for whores!
[/i]

Oh, for those who don’t know it’s a Vio-Lence song from their last EP ‘Torture Tactics’ wich came out in 1991 lol…