R.I.P. Richard Wright

I don’t know how many people here are fans of Pink Floyd, but if a dead dog can get it’s own thread I figure a dead British keyboardist can too.

Anyways, Richard Wright, the keyboardist of Pink Floyd, passed away yesterday at the age of 65. Cancer was the reason, although that’s the only information being given out by the family.

It’s a real shame since that means there will never be a true Pink Floyd reunion again. But I doubt there would have been one anyways due to Gilmour’s stance on it, regardless of the money given to them.

Regardless of the tragedy, Rick Wright played on more than a few priceless albums, leaving a mark bigger than a lot of other musicians have or will amount to (given that there are more musicians out there than you hear). Not to mention his music and singing inspired and influenced countless musicians, including many you hear now a days whether it’s on TV, the radio, or at a local venue.

He has joined the status of the other dead rock stars. A legend passed away. It’s interesting how, despite being physically gone, musically he still remains, and will continue to do so as long as people are able to listen to his music.

R.I.P.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080915/music_nm/wright_dc

Looks like he can finally have some of that pudding.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.

He missed the starting gun. :frowning:

Count me in.
He was definitely not “another brick in the wall”
RIP

This tickled me :slight_smile: