Quite a day for the media

My personal media collection that is. I’ve been hard at work recently…I dunno, not really doing anything special, but I’ve picked up a number of cool shit in the past few days.

Downloaded:

A KISS Box Set containing 5 CDs
Sublime - Robbin the Hood
Sublime - Sublime
Megadeth - Killing is my Buisness…and Buisness is Good!
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Nas - Illmatic
Nas - Stillmatic
Nas - I Am…
Spineshank - Self Destructive Pattern
Fear Factory - Archetype
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Slayer - South of Heaven
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
The White Stripes - Elephant
Bad Religion - Stranger than Fiction
Children of Bodom - Something Wild
Godsmack - Faceless
Guns N’ Roses - Use Your Illusion

Bought the DVD of:

The Last Samurai
Miracle
The Life of David Gale
Out of Time
Thirteen
Bloodwork
Bad Boys II
The Italian Job

And Bought the Following Novels:

George Orwell’s 1984
Stephen King’s It
Jack Kerouac’s On The Road
Donna Tartt’s The Secret History
Chuck Palahniuk’s Invisible Monster
Chuck Palahniuk’s Survivor
Kurt Vannecut’s Slaughterhouse-Five
Tupac Shakur’s The Rose that Grew From Concrete

Sweet jesus. I’m so occupied for the rest of the summer. Between watching a huge number of movies that I’ll get in the mail from netflix and the ones I haven’t watched from my birthday and the ones I just got, reading all these books, and listening to all that music…

Kick ass.

I was playing Diablo II when I realized that over such a short period of time I had amassed all of this stuff. I should stop downloading all this music for a while so I can catch up with what I just got.

Anyway, has anyone else made any recent media purchases for the summer?

I purchased priority service on Soulseek.

Yeah, I’ve gotten a lot of media lately. As far as buying things goes, mostly books:

The Waste Land and Other Poems, by T.S. Eliot
The Metamorphosis, by Franz Kafka
The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath
Candide, by Voltaire
Palgrave’s Golden Treasury, with multiple editors
Immortal Poems of the English Language, edited by Oscar Williams

I think all the music I’ve gotten in the last couple weeks is by X Japan:
Some singles (Tears, Say Anything, Crucify My Love, Endless Rain, Longing, Forever Love)
Art of Life live video and album
The Last Live video
Live at Hokkaido 12/4/95
Live Live Live Tokyo Dome '93-'96
On the Verge of Destruction
X Japan On Guitar
X Japan On Piano
A piano score for Art of Life. This one I had to buy.

I’m accumulating as much of their music as I can - I’ve never heard anything else like it.

Xwing1056

You could’ve gotten all of those songs on the Ballad Collection (plus more). It’s awesome. ^^

It’s a great album, isn’t it? I’ve seen a list of its songs, and the selection’s great. My only complaint is that it cuts off a few minutes of Tears (T_T). I downloaded all these singles mostly to get the second song that comes with each one - like, a great live recording of Silent Jealousy that comes with Say Anything. And the Forever Love karaoke version.

Xwng1056

Yep! It was worth the high price I paid for it at Kinokuniya (the very high price… especially considering I bought it at a time when I didn’t have a job ;P) I didn’t know it cut anything off of Tears though. o_o It’s the only cd of theirs I have… let me know if you recommend any other songs by them :slight_smile:

I did the same thing this year at school - I had to stop eating out Sunday nights after that ^_^. So, good X Japan songs. . .The first you’ll want is Art of Life. It’s a thirty minute song with its own album. X Japan only performed it live twice, over two nights. Get the original version, the live version, the video - everything you can.

From Blue Blood (the album with Endless Rain and Unfinished), I’d recommend Rose of Pain and X. Rose is another long ballad, only darker and sadder than the Ballad Collection ones. X is absolutely unique. From Jealousy (the album with Say Anything), definitely get Silent Jealousy. It’s a great precursor to Art of Life. Then there’s the Dahlia album. You already have its best songs from the Ballad Collection (Forever Love and Tears), but another good one is Rusty Nail. The original Tears is worth getting too - the Ballad version is missing three minutes of instrumentals.

If you get any of them, let me know what you think.

Xwing1056