Quirks and Anecdotes thread!

Originally posted by VickiMints
[b]When I’m in a store, i end up compulsively straightening the merchandise. This happens most often with clothes on racks (no one can look through them if they’re all tangled together) and bread (people are all messy in the grocery store with the loaves of bread, and do you think anyone wants to buy a loaf of bread that’s all lopsided and squishy?). This is one of my many quirks.

I don’t have a specific story, but people seem to be the most freaked out by the bread thing. I try to be subtle about it so that I don’t look like a complete weirdo, but if there’s a lot of straightening to be done it gets sort of bad. If I remember correctly, I think one time my mother actually walked away from me in the bread aisle at the store once a couple of years ago. [/b]

You’d despise me then, because I frequently do the exact opposite :mwahaha: However, that has less to do with it being a quirk, and more to do with me being a git. :mwahaha: I also always take stuff from the backs of shelves, thereby making a mockery out of the whole principle of stock rotation. :mwahaha:

Originally posted by Epicgamer
Quirk: When I walk outside for the first time on a sunny day after being inside my dark house/school the direct sunlight causes me to sneeze uncontrollably for 5-10 seconds.

Ditto, except bright lamps can cause this effect aswell… the worst happes during springs when some unknown plants cause me a fit of sneezing for several minutes…

Quirk: I read or write almost constantly if given half the chance.

Anecdotes: When I was fourteen, at the end of eigth grade, the whole “Who wants to be a millionaire?” fad was in full swing, so on the last day of school everyone in the eigth grade who had been taking French went to the miniature auditorium and we had our own session of “Who wants to be a millionare?” involving questions that had to do with the people in that group, and the actual school. Well, one of the questions that was asked was who read the most in class about nothing that had to do with the class over the course of the school year, it was a pretty hard question to begin with, considering the fact that I was one of the choices along with the three other greatest bookworms in the grade, and the person had to use the 50-50 lifeline and guessed me, correctly. I didn’t read that much, the other guy brought a book on the one field-trip we had.

About the writing, I have notebooks and pens/mechanical pencils hidden all over the house to write down anything that pops into my head. When I moved, there were three boxes devoted to my notebooks and folders. I have bought three book lights so that I can write at any time. I cannot go anywhere without a bag that contains the folders and notebooks that hold all of the stories that I work on the most frequently.

Oh, and about the reading thing, while that was going on, I was just reading one of my favorite books for about the thousandth time in the four years since I first read it.

I tend to do like Vicki too. I consider myself as being ultra uh, polite. I like to serve people (when we’re at the table or at the restaurant, things like that, of course, nothing lewd :P), especially guys. It sounds so retarded. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s more like a habit, though. Something I do naturally because I enjoy it and people appreciate it.

Not really an anecdote, but it’s short and sweet (omg, just like me! :P): I used to go to the restaurant with my co-workers (who were all men), every Friday, to usually eat pizza. I liked to cut the pizza and give them slices before mines. They really didn’t like it, because it made them feel uncomfortable. Most of the time, they snatched the knife from my hand as they didn’t want to be accused of abuse toward me. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I do that with almost everybody, every time I get the chance.

Originally posted by Epicgamer
[b] Quirk: When I walk outside for the first time on a sunny day after being inside my dark house/school the direct sunlight causes me to sneeze uncontrollably for 5-10 seconds.

In fact, now that I think about it, I almost crashed my car because of an uncontrollable sneezing fit. [/b]

Me too. I don’t have to have been in a dark room though. I’ll also hiss and swing at the lightsource.

It once caused me to seriously injure my hand. I swung it at my reading lamp as I turned it on. Think I gave it a dent too.

Okay, I have one.

One day, I was bored and surfing the internet when I found this personality quiz for one of my favorite animes. So I took it. Problem is, I didn’t get the results I wanted. After that, I was determined to take similar quizzes of the same anime and get different results. But I didn’t. And each time I got the same personality on every quiz I took, I got mad. I don’t know why, I just did. Now my siblings are teasing me for it, saying stuff like, “You really are [insert character’s name here]!” Or just say the character’s name when I’m being grumpy. Only to get a reaction out of me, and it works every time. They don’t do it as much as they used to, but when they do… let’s just say I’ll be an only child soon if they don’t stop!

Hope that’s good enough for ya.

Quirk: I usually daydream a lot.

Anecdote: last month I went to my cousin’s apartment to assemble his computer, since it had some pieces not connected. He took me there, but while we were on our way, it rained really hard, and he had left his windows opened.

When we arrived, a lot of documents he had on a table had scattered through the apartment due to the wind. They were also all soaked. So we tried to dry them as best as we could. We mostly got the papers hanging somewhere. But we picked one of the most important ones, something that had to do with bank & payments. Don’t ask me why nor how, we just had a moment of acute dumbness and pressed the page against a door. It got stuck there due to the umidity, as if it had been glued. We expected it would fall as soon as it had gotten dry. It didn’t. It dried out and stayed there. So we pulled the sheet… And the ink stayed on the door. The door is bleach white, so it looked like the document had been printed on the wood rather than on paper. And the paper sheet looked like as it had never been used in a printer.

Thankfully he could do whatever he had to involving that document because he could read the bar code on his door. It’s been some two weeks and he couldn’t remove the print from his door yet, though.

<strike>Quirk: I am a vampire. Evidence: I can’t sleep at night, I have excellent vision in the dark, while bright light hurts my eyes, and I like the taste of blood.</strike> erm…

Quirk: I get violently angry at people who repeatedly annoy me. It doesn’t happen quite so much anymore, but I had a really short fuse when I was younger. One time on a scout trip, we were going to play capture the flag against some other troop who was staying at the same site. I didn’t want to play and was sitting on the line at the middle, and some of the kids from the other troop were throwing rocks at me, so I grabbed when of the little punks who was doing it, lifted him into the air by the neck, then threw him back down. They didn’t want to play anymore after that (they were too afraid of me:mwahaha:).

Awww, walhalla, that’s really cute :smiley:

And Vicki, I used to do the EXACT SAME THING, only I’d do it with candy - you know how in grocery stores, there are all the boxes of candy right up near the check-out line? Well that’s what I’d spend my time doing while we were waiting - just, straightening out the candy so everything was in its proper place and in neat little rows. It was kinda cool, though my parents made a few comments about it :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mazrim Taim

Maz, I did the same thing with candy until I took up the cause of the bread.

More on the bread - I’m very picky about how my purchased bread is handled, so many times in the store I almost bite my tongue off to avoid becoming evil toward a bagger or cashier. The bread must not be pinched or slung around, and it must be bagged horizontally in its own bag. I don’t like it when my loaf of bread is stuffed into a bag with anything else, even a bag of chips (because then the bread’s squished and the chips get crushed), and having it sits on its end just gets it all crooked and funny-looking. Thankfully my friends know a little about my bread quirks, so when we would go to the store together they’d grab the bread before it was abused.

Now you’ll think I’m even weirder.

I don’t have an anecdote for it, but I have a tendancy to occasionaly fiddle with lightswitches and doorknobs for some odd reason.