Question for St. Ajora on SaGa Frontier 2

I noticed that Meythia was on your list of “favorite characters in each game”. Now, Meythia has always puzzled me. She joins at Hahn Nova, meaning unless you’re able to sneak some fights in at Weissland or Vougelang (ONE time), it’s too late to build her up any (theoretically you could build her up while doing the Laubholz Tower, but…), and her only weapon specialization is Axes, which are terrible late game because:

*They have no Quells
*The only Axe with infinite durability has 20 Attack Power
*That Axe is randomly dropped from an enemy and thus very missable
*This means that if Meythia is going to deal any physical damage, she’s going to have to burn through Tools her entire stay with you

Also, supppsedly she has her “hidden stats” set for physical attacking, and you’re pretty much forced to use Axes on her to do that, and even were she to become a mage she only has 3 magic proficiencies. So, my question is…

How exactly are you supposed to make use of her? I mean, GOOD use of her?

They might have meant personality.

Well I don’t remember the exact areas I leveled her up at. But it’s not like she was the only one I needed to level up anyway. I ended up fighting in the tower to get dead stones. And I also fought in a town where I could go into a battle area, convert items to chips and thus eventually get some custom weapons. Including a pretty strong Axe. At the same time I bought cheap Axes for Meythia to use to raise her Axe level. Her level for Axe is in the 40s. Not only that she has a nice amount of SP. Good for being able to cast some spells. Which I have her do.

Also I tend to use characters based on who I like. And luckily SF2 is not one of those games where I have to use a certain character. I happen to like Meythia a character. Her whole reason for joining your party is kind of funny. Or rather the reason her master has her join your party. Plus her line during the final battle is funny too. Plus for some reason I have a liking for a lot of characters who come into a story late. I’m really not sure why. Plus she’s cute.

And it should be noted that stuff like limited weapon use, I’ve learned how to deal with long ago. So it’s not really much of a problem. Not even SaGa Frontier 2. Well it is more of a problem in SF2 then SaGa 1-2 for GB. But I’ve still learned how to deal with well enough as it is.

And just for the record, Ginny is cuter. Cordelia too. Although on the “cute” aspect SaGa Frontier lacks the non-human “mascot” characters of the other games (Coppelia/Moles, RS3’s demi-human crew, and the monsters of SF).

Primiera > Everyone Else

As for where to level Meythia, you could start right in the Old Battlefield as you’re escaping Hahn Nova. There’s a fair number of rare drops from the monsters there, so it might be worthwhile to spend a bit of time there anyway.

And with regard to Axes, I find the best use of Axes is for certain combo-riffic Arts like Flash Trinity. Of course by the time I get to the Egg I tend to use Spears on Prim more than Axes (and I just send Meythia off to fight the Tree Lord), so I’ll stop typing now.

They say great minds think alike :smiley:

Yeah, I nevr really bothered with meythia much, and sent her against Tree Lord. And Primiera was always useful, A good balance between magic and fighting for my chartacters.