Question for anyone who has Warcraft 3+Expansion...

I’m not big on PC gaming, but when I get my own computer, I want WC3. I have to ask: What kinda hardware do I need to run it proporly, and how much space does it take up?

WC3

Win 98/ME/2000/XP
400 MHz PII or Equiv
128 Megs of Ram
8 MB 3D Video Card (TNT, i810 Voodoo 3, Rage 128 Equiv or better) with DirectX 8.1 support
700 MB HD Space
4x CD Rom

Frozen Throne
same thing 'cept with 550 Megs of HD Space

Kay…thank you. :cool:

The great thing about WC3, is that it’s designed to run well on lower class systems.

400 mhz? I doubt it would run on my 600 mhz, my computer is a piece of junk. Even with a(n outdated) video card, GeForce 2…

I just hope you have cable/DSL if you’re going to play on B.net, because dial up users tend to lag horribly.

Like I said Gila, the game is made to run on both high end and low end machines.

any new computer will essentially run it don’t worry.

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
I just hope you have cable/DSL if you’re going to play on B.net, because dial up users tend to lag horribly.
No. GG’s an AOLer if I remember correctly.

I am an AOL user, but I DO have a very nice DSL modem. It works quite well. :hahaha;
And I play Diablo 2 and Starcraft on BNet, and I usualy don’t lag THAT much.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Like I said Gila, the game is made to run on both high end and low end machines.

Are you sure about that? Because I had problems playing the beta way back, it was kind of laggish, and even know I’m having problems playing CS even. I dunno, I think my computer is just slowly slipping into the zone of uselessness.

It isn’t the modem at all. People tend to invite only DSL/Cable users into games, and they lag badly, and they say “OMG 56KER”. The latency of a game entirely depends on the users’ connection with battle.net (which is visible through bars that range from green to red on their profiles) and the users’ compatability with each other. The latter is impossible to detect until the user is actually in a game with another user. If the game lags, then some two or more users’ connections aren’t very compatable and it slows the entire game down. For example, I have a DSL that goes 80-100 kbps, and Hades used to have a cable modem that I imaging went just as fast. However, if we joined the same game the information would be exchangedly slowly and the whole game would then lag. Only when one single user shows up in bursts on the drop screen or when that user has a high (red) latency rating in the pre-game screen, then can one truly say that that user lags.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Are you sure about that? Because I had problems playing the beta way back, it was kind of laggish, and even know I’m having problems playing CS even. I dunno, I think my computer is just slowly slipping into the zone of uselessness.
That’s because Betas aren’t optimzied for performance. fwaps Gila with a book of logic

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
It isn’t the modem at all. People tend to invite only DSL/Cable users into games, and they lag badly, and they say “OMG 56KER”. The latency of a game entirely depends on the users’ connection with battle.net (which is visible through bars that range from green to red on their profiles) and the users’ compatability with each other. The latter is impossible to detect until the user is actually in a game with another user. If the game lags, then some two or more users’ connections aren’t very compatable and it slows the entire game down. For example, I have a DSL that goes 80-100 kbps, and Hades used to have a cable modem that I imaging went just as fast. However, if we joined the same game the information would be exchangedly slowly and the whole game would then lag. Only when one single user shows up in bursts on the drop screen or when that user has a high (red) latency rating in the pre-game screen, then can one truly say that that user lags.
You should look at the WC3 interface man, no lag meters.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
That’s because Betas aren’t optimzied for performance. fwaps Gila with a book of logic

Wow, that kind of makes sense, actually. Well, I’m not going to go out of my way to get the game, but I’ll probably get it sometime soon.