Quake 2 Tournament of... Champions?

So, you think you can kick ass? Is your Trigger Finger a little itchy?

Well I have the game for you.

I’m setting up two tournaments: The DM tournament, and the CtF tournament.

The rules are simple.

Deathmatch Tournament:

• All games will be one on one, 15 frags and 10 minutes.
  • The map each match will be played on is predetermined, with a different map chosen each round.
  • Games will have a spectator referee to verify the win. This referee may be myself, someone I choose, or someone agreed to by the competitors, verified by me.
  • The tournament bracket will be extended to the number of players that join.
  • If at any time, there is not enough players to fill a round or future round, a wild card shall be chosen from the previous rounds. The losers with the most frags will be chosen first. Ties are determined by who lasted longest. If there remains a tie, wild cards are chosen randomly.
  • Aimbots and any cheating measures are not allowed. If a player is found to have been cheating, they will be disqualified and the loser of the previous match will take thier place. If the loser is a wild card, then the lost of the next match down will be chosen.
  • All matches must be completed within one week of the beginning of the round. If any matches have not been resolved, both players will be disqualified and will not be considered for wild card.
  • The DM tournament must have at least 8 players to begin. Signups begin now, and end on Midnight, August 2, 2004. (Monday)

Capture the Flag Tournament:

• All games are four vs. four, 5 flags and 20 minutes.
  • For a team to form, the team MUST have four players, no more, no less.
    The map each match will be played on is predetermined, with a different map chosen each round.
  • Games will have a spectator referee to verify the win. This referee may be myself, someone I choose, or someone agreed to by the competitors, verified by me.
  • The tournament bracket will be extended to the number of players that join.
  • If at any time, there is not enough players to fill a round or future round, a wild card shall be chosen from the previous rounds. The losers with the most flags will be chosen first. Ties are determined by who lasted longest. If there remains a tie, wild cards are chosen randomly.
  • Aimbots and any cheating measures are not allowed. If a player is found to have been cheating, they will be disqualified and the loser of the previous match will take thier place. If the loser is a wild card, then the lost of the next match down will be chosen.
  • All matches of a round must be complete within two weeks from the beginning of the round. If a match is not resolved, both teams will be disqualified and will not be considered for wild card.
  • The CtF tournament must have at least 4 teams to begin. Signups begin now, and end on Midnight, August 2, 2004. (Monday)

Most of all, have fun! If you are interested in joining, email me at starstorm@rpgclassics.com .

Mind you, I will not be available from 6 AM to 4 PM from Monday to Friday, each week, and my presence will be spotty at best outside of Midnight to 5 AM, so if you must have another referee, make sure to have them check in with me, preferably the day beforehand.

IS anyone up for it?

If you don’t have Q2, well it’s freeware now, so… Look in teh New Quake 2 Thread

I wonder if Merl has the FTP up yet…

Augh. Finally, make sure you email me your nickname, and can be reached at least by the chat and one IM service. They will be given to your opponent and ref along with your email so you can arrange the games.

Note:

For anyone who seems to be short of teammates in the CtF tournament, I have a free agent: MarvinMan (marvinman@gmail.com).

Feel free to contact him if you need another teammate.

Exactly when does the tournament start?

Probably once I have the brackets set up, so probably on Midnight of the third.

You should add a rule about not cratering when trying to camp the elevator on the second map.

Fuck you, TD, Fuck you.

Ahahahah.

This can be taken down and locked, if so desiered. IT’s not happening.

I haven’t abandoned the dedicated server plan yet. I need to get my hard drives working first, however.

Awww poo, I just got a copy and was gonna be like “I want to shoot thingz!”

And now its like, Awwwww FACE.

No fair… >_<

Get it up so we can have that tourney!