Punch-Drunk Love

Anyone seen this movie? It’s a rather odd drama starring Adam Sandler. It’s very 'Non-Sequiter" as Green_Mage calls it (We watched it together), and there were a lot of odd things we didn’t understand. Did anyone here who’s seen it (IF there’s anyone :P) who understood it well? I’m interested.

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
Green_Mage calls it (We watched it together)
Awwww, did you braid eachothers hair while talking about the boys you have a crush on?

and yeah, I saw it, dont know what somone couldnt get.

I’ve really wanted to watch that movie - would you recommend it?

I liked it very much, I recomend it.

Yeah, miss Mints, it’s pretty good :smiley:

Annd Charlemagne, I guess there isn’t much to get to the movie, except for

I dunno, everything? :stuck_out_tongue: The whole piano getting dropped off at the beginning and its symbolism, the random flashy colors from time to time, the countless number of odd looking cinematics, a good number of scenes ending abruptly, or looking like it’s going to be the end of the movie, things like that :stuck_out_tongue: Of course the literal story made perfect sense, but there’s gotta be something more to it.

That’s all I can really think of. Off the top of my head :stuck_out_tongue:

We went over to Sin’s friends house and the people over there really wanted to watch it, but we didn’t get a chance to…

Is it typical Adam Sandler quality humor, or does it have a little more depth? I heard it won an award at the Cannes…

I know Adam Sandler’s character compares the cost of accumulating 1,000,000 frequent flyer miles to the cost of buying enough pudding cups to get 1,000,000 frequent flyer miles. That sort of thing alone makes me want to see it.

It’s not a comedy at all. Some of the situations are kinda funny though.

From the summary’s I’ve heard…I can kinda understand it…

Now I just want to see the darn thing…

Vicky: Can you be more specific? Cuz I know there was a guy in real life who actually bought a ton of Healthy Choice pudding and got like millions of frequent flyer miles, and donated almost all the pudding he bought to some food pantry. Was that what you were referring to?

I knew it wasn’t a comdey, but that sort of situation is funny.

X - I think that part of Adam Sandler’s character in this movie was based on that guy. So, yes!