Psa

Summer classes are usually compact versions of normal classes. At my university, we work things in 10 week quarters and in the summer, people can take another 10 week quarter or they can choose between 5 week summer sessions. Never EVER take a 5 week long english/writing class.

Urg. Yeah, those four days a week 4 hours a day (or something like that) classes over five weeks.

And doing it in English, where you have an assload of books to read (and probably like an essay every couple of days). Ouch…

Even if you really need the units, yeah, opt for the 10 week.

I did my least favorite classes, p-chem and technical writing, during summer school. I took one each session (the five week deal, I think), and that made it bearable. I think that the thought that I’d be done in less time with fewer school-year obligations in the way made it even more tolerable.

Either way, having a break in the summer is nice and very often necessary.

Eh, I had a 5 week long french/writing class this summer, but it was only 6 hours a week because it wasn’t worth much units (and it was totally useless too). There are normal summer semesters at my university, though. They’re just like fall or winter semesters, but in summer. :stuck_out_tongue: We sometimes have a few classes that finish early, but most of them are normal classes that take 12-14 weeks to complete. Summer classes aren’t that bad, but I agree with Vicki’s last sentence.

I’m curious- why in Hell did you take a five week class over a ten week class?

I am philosophically opposed to the notion of summer school :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Merlin

I’m philosophically opposed to your mom. OHHHHHHHHH!!!11111111111111111111

Originally posted by Merlin

So am I.
I’m glad there’s no such thing in Norway: Our teachers want their three months vacation.

Too bad I live in a world where not taking Summer School will get you too far behind to be eligable for ANYTHING. Otherwise, I’d enjoy the summer.

I took a biology course over the summer to get my science credit out of the way. It was a four days a week class for two hours over a month. I hated science anyway and just wanted to get it over with. I’m just pissed that I haven’t got my grade report yet and the class finished on July 3!

CC:
1- Its the class I wanted to take (lotsa Shakespeare , and Shakespeare era work)

2-It wasn’t offered at any other time , nor was it offered in the 10 week.

I’m philosophically opposed to school. Period.

I’m taking a summer class for Statistics. It’s not as dificult as I thought it would be - intro Statsitics seems to be one of the easier maths. There aren’t any papers that need to written. The reason I’m taking it is to get rid of a math requirement, and the fact that I’m doing literally nothing else over the summer.

I took two last summer that required papers to be handed in, and that was a pain… Studying out of the text for tests tends to be easier than doing written work, at least for me.

Originally posted by Sinistral
[b]CC:
1- Its the class I wanted to take (lotsa Shakespeare , and Shakespeare era work)

2-It wasn’t offered at any other time , nor was it offered in the 10 week. [/b]

Ain’t that always the way with the cool classes or the required classes? [“You need this class to complete your degree, therefore, we will only offer one section of it and schedule it in THE LEAST CONVENIENT TIME FRAME POSSIBLE!! MUAHAHAHA!!”]

Cool class, though. Mind sharing what your reading list is?

I take the easy courses that I don’t want to take during the school year but are required like Speech and Health and PE Foundations. It’s 5 hours a day for 14 days.