PS2 Network Adaptor

Okay, i have finally decided, that once the tax money comes in, i am going to buy a network adaptor and FF11. So, can anyone tell me whats a good one to get, how they work, and stuff like that ?
Many pardons if i sound like a witless moron(i am, duhh), but i;ve just never done this kind of thing before.

A good what? Your post didn’t make <strike>much</strike>any sense.

A network adapter. I am going to buy a network adapter for my PS2, i need to know what’s a good one to get. Do the USB ones i see on E-bay work ?

forget about the PS2 network adapter… get the PC version of FF11 instead. Ever since my friends bought the PC version, they’ve been playin’ it everyday! i have doubts for how good the latency is for the PS2 version… so if ur plannin’ to get FF11, might aswell get the PC version instead…right?? Unless ur comp really… sux… :thud:

Get the one for the back of the PS2. That way you can use your USB’s for a keyboard and headset(should you get other online games).

Originally posted by Fenril_Knight
forget about the PS2 network adapter… get the PC version of FF11 instead. Ever since my friends bought the PC version, they’ve been playin’ it everyday! i have doubts for how good the latency is for the PS2 version… so if ur plannin’ to get FF11, might aswell get the PC version instead…right?? Unless ur comp really… sux… :thud:

Agreed.

Network adaptor
PS2 Hard Drive
Monthly sub. fee
The actual cost of the game +

B.A.L.L.A.C.H.E.

Get the PC version, it’s much better VFM.

PS2 hard drive ?? WTF’s that ?

I’m fairly certain I remember reading somewhere (that should be enough qualifiers in case I’m wrong :get it?: ) that you needed the HD add-on to be able to play FFXI online.

Even without, it’s still a shitload of wonga.

FFXI comes with a HardDrive for PS2.

Really ? It does ? is that going to jack up the price ? Whats it for anyways ?

FFXI will come pre-installed, the HDD price will remain the same. Which is like, $100 or so if I’m correct.

Okay, so what’s the PS2 HDD for ? Is it like a giant memory card ? It seems the PS2 is turning into more of a computer than a gaming system.

http://www.dignews.com/news.php?story_id=608

Really, that is so coool. So, instead of having to spend about 60 bucks to get the game, another 100 for the hard drive, just a cool 100 and you get both. That is awesome ! I am gonna sockin back some cash now.