Problems

My Life Sucks

I hate my mom and I hate my dad and my grandmother. I started smoking weed and cigarettes when I was 12 years old because of the stress with living at home with my mother and grandmother. I never really got to see my father because of my stepmother and I hate that cause now I think it is his fault, too but it is not. It is hers.

I want to runaway and go to my friend’s house so so bad but after reading some of these stories I do not know what to do anymore. I have a boyfriend and I love him so so much, but he lives in another town, and sometimes I wonder if he is cheating on me!! I really screwed up my life, too, because I have had sex with so many dudes, and given them head so many times that everyone in my school calls me a whore. A friend, well at least I thought she was my friend, talks behind my back and now I do not wanna be friends with her, but I do not know what to say to her about it. This is all the reasons why I wanna run away. I am a 14 year old girl and I really need some help. If anyone knows what I can do please help me.

I Hate My Life - The Feeling of Rejection
I woke up on the bathroom floor again. All my friends had to leave because they couldn’t get in and I was alone again. “I hate my life,” I thought. I had for a long time. As far back as I can remember all I wanted was to be loved and accepted. Instead, I was ridiculed and put down for my looks and my so called “lack of brain power.” I ended up with no personality, nothing that would cause anyone to want to spend time with me.

I Hate My Life - Yearning for Love and Acceptance
How did I get here? Even when I was little, I didn’t fit in. I wasn’t pretty, I was too tall, and at one point a little behind all my classmates in a new school. That new school was where I first experienced the rejection that would scar me for life. When I had to go into a different school the next year, I just knew no one would like me, so I acted out. I rejected them before they could reject me. I just wanted to disappear off the face of the earth but life kept happening, and I was a very unwilling participant.

Junior High came and I wanted to go into my new school incognito. But that year I spent too much time at the pool and ended up with green hair. I’m sure you can imagine what the tallest person in the class who just happened to have green hair was called. It was another reason to crawl in a hole and hide. That’s just what I wanted to do the rest of Junior High and High School - hide.

All of this time, my heart was crying out to be loved and accepted, but there was no way I was going to believe that I ever would be. No one seemed to care if I was even alive other than my family and sometimes I even wondered about them.

I Hate My Life - Collegiate Mistakes
After High School, my parents told me I was going to go to college. By this time, I was a super non-achiever and definitely did not want to go to college. I had no choice but to go, but for the first time in my life I set a goal for myself. I was going to be accepted and popular. I didn’t know how I was going to meet that goal, but who cared? As it turned out, I became well known, but not necessarily popular.

As I grew up my parents would have their little parties on Saturday nights and go to church on Sundays. I couldn’t handle that and I grew to hate drinking and anyone who drank. Well, that all changed in college. During the fall of my first year, a popular guy asked a friend and me to go to a bar with him and some other friends. I did not want to go, but decided that was a way of getting to know people. My plan was to have a coke and let them drink what they wanted, but their plan was to get this little and naive freshman drunk. They succeeded and I lost, literally. I wish I could say that I was in control, but from that night on, alcohol took over. I was hooked! For the first time in my life I could talk to guys and feel like I could be a part of the group. I could hardly wait for the next party to get drunk and have fun.

Later that fall, I went out with a good looking guy that was a few years older than me. I was very flattered that he would want to take me out, but I wouldn’t have been if I would have known what he planned. That night he had sex with me and I became his special little play thing if his girlfriend was unavailable. I soon found out that the only way I was going to get invited anywhere was to give the guy what he wanted. I ended up hating men and myself. By the time college was out, I prided myself in being the biggest lush and slut on campus. That’s something to be proud of, huh?

I Hate My Life - Hitting Bottom
This downward cycle continued to include pretty heavy use of drugs and consuming enough alcohol to make myself sick and pass out every night. I hated myself. I had nothing to live for. I had thrown away over 4 years of college and I came away with no skills whatsoever. I was at the bottom as far as personal self worth goes.

About this time a friend started telling me that I was killing thousands of brain cells as I drank straight bourbon. I told him I didn’t care, there wasn’t much to kill. But he started getting through the fog and I decided that maybe I’d better get out.

I moved in with my sister and after about a month, I hit bottom. I had no desire to go on and absolutely nothing to live for. I was too chicken to kill myself. I failed again - I couldn’t even commit suicide, so I cried for days it seemed.

I Hate My Life - Desperation
Finally, my sister asked if I would like to talk to someone and I agreed even though it was a Christian counselor. I didn’t have much use for Christians even though I had grown up going to church. I thought they were a bunch of hypocrites, but I was desperate. She told me that God loved me. There was no way I was going to believe that. She then told me that I was a sinner and I shot back at her, “That’s nothing new!”

I was surprised that God hadn’t struck me dead years before. The third thing she told was that God had a plan for my life. I was so low, that I knew I had no future if I tried to do it on my own. That day I told God that if He wanted this mess I called life, He could have it and do with it what He wanted. More power to Him! I had lived my whole life daring people to like me and I rebelliously dared God to accept me and do something with my life. My life had been marked by anger and rebellion and unfortunately those things didn’t disappear overnight. But, God has taken this very angry, messed up person and just kept showing me His love.

I Hate My Life - Finding Much Needed Acceptance
Life used to be all about me. Why don’t people love me? Who will love me? What do I have to do to make people love me? Why can’t I find peace and love? I looked for the answers to all those questions in all the wrong places: booze, sex, and drugs. Those answers almost killed me. But when God touched my heart, I found the answers to all my questions. He brought love and peace into my life when I looked to Him to provide.

As far as feeling dumb and stupid all my life, I found out that I am fairly intelligent. I might do stupid things now and then, but that doesn’t make me stupid. That’s another thing the Lord revealed to me. I am not perfect, I still have moments of wondering if anyone loves me and there are times I feel really dumb. There are also times when I am overwhelmed by shame from the past, but when I turn to the Lord through His Word and prayer, He’s always there, ready to pour out His love on me.

God has given me such joy and peace in the past few years, something that I despaired ever knowing. He has opened up my life to aspects of Himself that I had only read about before: His love for me, His desire to bless me, and the fact that He could truly love others through me.

Praise His name for taking me, a very rebellious child and loving me and never giving up on me, even when I wanted to give up on Him. But, most of all I praise Him that He has set me free, free to know Him, free to live the life He planned for me before the world was ever formed. John 8:36 says “If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.” This verse has become a reality for me and I praise His name!

Do you hate your life? Do you desire to have freedom from guilt, rejection, and remorse? God is offering you forgiveness. Will you accept it?

Prayer of Forgiveness: A Valuable Gift
A prayer of forgiveness is something we all seek at some point in life. Forgiveness is a valuable gift that is neither easily obtained, nor easily given. Forgiveness is essential for life; it frees us from past wrongs and gives us hope for the future. It is for forgiveness sake that Jesus Christ came to earth to die for mankind.

Prayer of Forgiveness: Made Possible by Jesus Christ
The prayer of forgiveness is a prayer that is offered up to God. Though we may directly hurt each other, all of our trespasses ultimately hurt God. You may wonder how this is possible. How can our shortcomings hurt the omnipotent Creator of the universe? Does God even care? In Genesis 6, we find that God Himself actually grieved over all the wrongs that man had inflicted upon each other: “Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.” (Genesis 6:5-6).

All knowing, God grieves even at the mere thought of evil. Thus, ultimate forgiveness must also come from God. However, because of His justice, forgiveness cannot be freely given. Every wrong must be accounted for in order for God to be a just judge. Jesus Christ died on the cross at Calvary in our place so that our sins may be forgiven. His suffering paid for our transgressions. “For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” (Matthew 26:28).

In His love, God knew that our conscience needed to be freed from guilt and condemnation. He knew that forgiveness of sins was our greatest need. In the ultimate act of love, God not only suffered the pain of our wrongs, but also paid for their consequences in order that we may have forgiveness offered to us when we sin. All we need to do is to accept His free gift of forgiveness.

Prayer of Forgiveness: Ask God for Forgiveness
Perhaps you have stumbled upon this web page looking for a prayer of forgiveness to soothe a tormented soul. Or maybe you are struggling with trying to forgive another for deeply hurting you. For all who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, forgiveness has been freely given. If we acknowledge our wrongs and ask for forgiveness, God will forgive us - no questions asked: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9).

If we reject Jesus, in essence, we reject God’s gift of forgiveness. We are in fact saying that we do not wish to be reconciled with God (1 John 1:10). Though it is our free choice to not accept forgiveness from God, we will ultimately be accountable for all the sins we have committed at the end of this life. It is God’s deep desire to be reconciled with you. “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16). If you desire to be truly forgiven, consider what Jesus said and sincerely accept Him as your Lord and Savior. You will be forgiven and God will begin a transforming work in your life.

Prayer of Forgiveness: Receive a New Life
The prayer of forgiveness gives us a new hope and a new beginning. All our sins are wiped away by God. “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” (Hebrews 8:12).

If you understand that you are a sinner, and you believe that Jesus Christ came as the one and only Redeemer of sin, then you understand the prayer of forgiveness. The question is – are you ready to implement the prayer, by receiving God’s gift of His Son, Jesus Christ? If so, believe in Christ, repent of your sins, and commit the rest of your life to Him as Lord:

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

“Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38)

If you decided receive Jesus today, welcome to God’s family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.

* Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
* Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
* Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
* Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
* Find a local church where you can worship God.

Tsutomu Yamaguchi

Unlucky Because:

Only two cities have ever been destroyed by atomic bombs. This man was in both of them.

Born in 1916, Tsutomu Yamaguchi was on a business trip to Hiroshima on August 6th, 1945. As he stepped off a tram an atomic bomb blew up less than two miles away, fucking shit up in an extraordinary way. Eardrums destroyed and temporarily blind, Yamaguchi scrambled to figure out just what the hell happened.

“Oh.”

After spending a night in an air raid shelter, Yamaguchi decided Hiroshima probably wasn’t the safest place to conduct business, so he went home.

To Nagasaki.

A few days later, Yamaguchi was in the office of his supervisor, regaling him with the story of his near-miss with this mythical city-vaporizing super bomb. And just as he was trying to explain to his boss that it’s impossible to sell cars in a city that’s literally on fire, there was the distinct sound that few men on earth but Yamaguchi would have recognized: that of another atomic bomb, again detonating just two miles away.

Not only did Yamaguchi survive (while somehow not gaining any superpowers from the ordeal) but he’s still alive today, at the age of 93. Yamaguchi currently uses this tragedy to enlighten people on the dangers of atomic bombs. He has written books on his experience and is an anti-nuclear protester, though it seems like he’d be the one guy out there saying we shouldn’t worry about nukes because, really, you can just walk away from that shit.

Pull a Boltgun and hook up with Girl #1. It sounds like you need it.

I was afraid to look at this thread again for fear of what kind of bullshit I’d have to respond to next. Zeppelin made it totally worth reading :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m done here. I’m just… out :stuck_out_tongue:

Poor baby is afraid of confrontation : (

I don’t think Hades was being stupid at all. You could live in 15k a year in some areas. Probably not in some big city, but me, my fiancee, and my son had an income of less than 9,000 dollars last year and we managed to pay our rent and clothe ourselves.

This guys mom apparently is cool with it, so she might even let them live there. expenses go way own then. They could manage. Not everyone can handle abortion and ‘get over it’.

I think I saw an episode of MacGyver where he managed to put his kids through college, pay off his house, and solve world hunger all with two quarters, a nickel, and three pennies.

Is it just me or does this make it seem like its okay to rape children as long as you apologize to Jesus and the kid after?

Embarassingly muddled brat? What a nonsensical retort. And you called me stupid, yet didn’t respond to anything I said. Was it over your head? Sure, you live with a bunch of people whose parents pay their rent. You’re right Hades, you’ve got a stronger grasp on real life than I do. Stay in school kid.

zepp, were you drunk last night? :smiley:

Today, I was sitting in class and I fell asleep during the lesson. I was wearing sweatpants and had an erection. My teacher came up to me and grabbed my penis. She thought it was my phone. FML

Hahahaha

Or you can fly away in a lead lined fridge like a man-sized golf ball but that’s neither here nor there. Plus we haven’t even gotten a single Godzilla out of the whole deal.

Really, atomic bombs are overrated.

Fixed that for you.

It was a Hydrogen Bomb that irradiated Godzilla. You sound like an idiot.

Advice to a young man in (bad) limerick:

Though “Congrats!” because you banged’er
Of fatherhood you are in danger;
Though it’s not funny
Since you don’t have the money
Get ready to use a bent hanger.

Sorc, a friendly word of advice… stay out of the fortune cookie industry. You’d never make it with intuition about others’ lives as poor and undeveloped as yours. You’d do well in comedy though. Your ability to be condescending, genuinely wrong about everything you say, and absolutely pathetic all at the same time is a riot. Well done :slight_smile:

NO U!

I’m not sure who this is pointed at, I just saw the back-and-forth schoolyard-style namecalling and got kinda nostalgic.

Ahhh, good old days of my youth. Except not, because my classmates were total douchebags. Seriously, when I changed schools and suddenly got along with everyone, it was like “Wait a second, I’m not socially inept, it’s just that EVERYONE ELSE there was an asshole!”. I should find some of them and beat them up in retailation…

Why was I posting again?

You dropped out of high school to play Final Fantasy 8