Problems with burning...

I’m trying to put this Silent Hill ISO onto a disc to play, but it either a) won’t work, or b) the image tends to skip when its in the PSX. I’ve tried using Nero, Alcohol 120%, and UltraISO. Mayhaps its my torrent. Any suggestions/solutions to the problem would be well appreiciated :slight_smile:

Try burning it at a lower speed and use a high quality disc. The ISO might be damaged. Personally, I prefer burning bin/cues to ISOs, but you gotta do what you gotta do…thief. :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny, I burn the .bin to a CD and it works. Lags a little during scenes, but it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Media quality doesn’t really matter with CDs. But one thing to remember when burning PSX games is to use disc-at-once burning, that way the laser is not turned off between tracks. It makes the TOC more accurate, and since PSX games are normally pressed (meaning there is no laser), you don’t get gaps in data that arn’t there if the game is a “legit” version.

You should also check out burn-at-once…its a lightweight and burns games as good or better than alcohol. http://www.burnatonce.net/downloads/

Try using an emulator to ascertain your ISO is ok. ePSXe is quite highly compatible.