Posting in year old threads.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
April 28th-30th probably. Which is nearly May. Which makes me nearly 100% correct.
If a test is marked out of 1, less than 100% is 0%. In this case, you are 0% right.

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
or making a bunch of posts where you just say “Dark” over and over again like some pokemon from hell, but yeah, Necroposting will earn you a lot of dirty looks…

I somehow resent that pokemon remark. leave the creatures out of this. And kids. Don’t do the Necropost.

You can try posting in those topics if you like, but don’t expect any sympathy when the whole of RPGC comes crashing down on your arse!

Originally posted by Sohee
If a test is marked out of 1, less than 100% is 0%. In this case, you are 0% right.
I’d more likely get half a mark here, as I was correct to the fact that there aren’t ANY year old threads.

Seriously, what the hell’s wrong with necroposting?

Steve, have you actually read this thread?

Originally posted by vyse the legend
Steve, have you actually read this thread?

Have you, vyse? They never gave a reason as to why you shouldn’t other than people don’t like it. I would accept that, except they haven’t given a reason for why they don’t like it. Charl’s point is just as valid.

1. It’s against the rules
  2. I don’t like it, and neither do the other users, mods, admins, etc.
  3. Hasn’t your mom ever told you NOT to wake the dead?

Originally posted by Zero
1) It’s against the rules
2) I don’t like it, and neither do the other users, mods, admins, etc.
3) Hasn’t your mom ever told you NOT to wake the dead?

1. It’s unwritten.
  2. Why? Not trying to be insubordinate or anything, but even for it being a rule, there is a reason it was created. If the reason is that people don’t like it, I’m wondering why people don’t like it.
  3. umm, no actually.

Which is my point exactly. No one seems to be able to say anything but “Don’t do it.”
I don’t like it either, I’m just wondering why everyone hates it so much, especially if the person just joined and couldn’t get to post in the thread before (and don’t say that they should just make a new thread about it, because then they’d be notified by every other poster that the thread had already been done)

when you put it that way what is so bad about necroposting?

Originally posted by Steve
Which is my point exactly. No one seems to be able to say anything but “Don’t do it.”
I don’t like it either, I’m just wondering why everyone hates it so much, especially if the person just joined and couldn’t get to post in the thread before (and don’t say that they should just make a new thread about it, because then they’d be notified by every other poster that the thread had already been done)

And you’re rebelling just for the sake of rebelling. You’re not any better.

EDIT: In other words- prove to me why necroposting is useful. If you can’t well-

1. Necroposting is fucking annoying.
  2. Necroposting pushes down the relevant topics.
  3. Necroposting with stupid comments, or in obsolete threads, is absolutely God awful.

There are exceptions. Updating stories isn’t Necroposting (if it was then kill me). Generally I’d say if your post is just ‘I agree/disagree/YOUR MOM’ then don’t do it, but if you have something interesting and/or relevant to say that no-one else has, then say it and be damned.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]And you’re rebelling just for the sake of rebelling. You’re not any better.

EDIT: In other words- prove to me why necroposting is useful. If you can’t well-

1. Necroposting is fucking annoying.
  2. Necroposting pushes down the relevant topics.
  3. Necroposting with stupid comments, or in obsolete threads, is absolutely God awful. [/b]

Eh, who the hell are you to say why I’m asking this? I’m really very curious about why it’s looked down upon.

1. Why is it so annoying?
  2. As does posting in any other thread.
  3. Oh, so posting stupid comments isn’t just as bad?

It’s not bad, per se. People’ll get pissed at you and you could get banned if you continue it.

The only reason to post in a thread is if you have something relevant to say, Steve. Most likely- MOST LIKELY- if one necroposts, the thread is so obsolete that there is absolutely no reason to post in it. If there is a reason- a VERY good reason- that they brought back a dead thread- then I’d be willing to agree with you.

However, 99% of necropostings consist of stuff such as “LOLZ I AGREE!” or “I like pie!!11111111111111”

If you have absolutely nothing new to post- then don’t fucking post- and that counts with DIRECTLY quoting someone’s stuff without altering it or adding something. It ticks me off. K?

I agree with you on that point, but, as with double posting (so it seems by the actions of many ‘veteran’ posters) there are some exceptions to the rules. Which means people need to lay off about them if they actually, y’know, are relevant. For the most part necroposting sucks, but it’s pretty good otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

Give me the reasons that necroposting is good. Believe it or not- the burden of proof is on your side.

Um, you said it yourself. Sometimes necroposting can be a good thing, and that sometimes it can be bad. Which is what I’m saying.

Originally posted by Steve
Um, you said it yourself. Sometimes necroposting can be a good thing, and that sometimes it can be bad. Which is what I’m saying.

What I said, essentially, was that most necroposting is bad. In very, very VERY rare cases is it acceptable. And in a year old thread (which does not exist), I don’t think that there is ANY acceptable response. :stuck_out_tongue: