Postal Service? Oh godddd ahhhh oooooo

For those who have heard of Death Cab for Cutie (an indie band that is rapidly moving up the ranks towards mainstream) I strongly recommend the group called The Postal Service. They’re fronted by the same lead (it’s one of his side projects), and it features his very emotive and touching lyricisms with some nifty techno/synth background. They sound incredibly ambient and are one of the better mixers of useful lyrics and techno rhythms/beats I know of. Maybe better than Underworld, but Postal Service is sort of a different group too, more rock-centered than Underworld or Juno Reactor. I can hook people up with respective mp3s.

/advertising

back to this paper.

hook me up, dude

Weird you mention them i just heard a song of theres yesterday, cant remember what the song was called though > _ <. I thought they sounded pretty decent too, should have written down the song rar.

they’re so LUSH! aghhhh spirals away

Originally posted by Merlin
they’re so LUSH! aghhhh spirals away

Damnit… is that the word ALL you indie lovers use? =p

It reminds me of how my friend used to call every single damned band he ever heard lush, including bands that didn’t fit the description AT ALL (e.g. bands with a minimal amount of instrumentation).

I like “Such Great Heights.” Are there any songs in particular you’d recommend, Merlin?

I’d try out The Postal Service, but I just find them too damned slow and unreliable. Sure it may cost a little bit more, but I’ll stick to UPS and FedEx. They’re lusher. :stuck_out_tongue: [/obviousjokethatsomeonehadtomake]

Originally posted by Astral
I like “Such Great Heights.” Are there any songs in particular you’d recommend, Merlin?

That’s on one of the “in store music” compilations at work. Which is generally a mark against it. Although it’s not so bad, actually.

originally posted by Cybercompost It reminds me of how my friend used to call every single damned band he ever heard lush, including bands that didn’t fit the description AT ALL (e.g. bands with a minimal amount of instrumentation).

What about the band actually named Lush? (Or am I the only person who still remembers them)?

What exactly is this ‘indie rock’ that I hear about. When I think about it, I think a whole bunch of indians rocking. I just dont know, could someone please explain?

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]Damnit… is that the word ALL you indie lovers use? =p

It reminds me of how my friend used to call every single damned band he ever heard lush, including bands that didn’t fit the description AT ALL (e.g. bands with a minimal amount of instrumentation). [/b]

I’ve actually never used the word lush before… but now I will. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried to listen to them, but I couldn’t really get ‘into’ them. I prefer Death Cab For Cutie more.

I heard something by them once. It was so and so. I listened a little and went on.

Yeah, they’re pretty sweet - I have a feeling that I’d absolutely love the quieter songs if I were in a quieter mood, but I’ve been in sort of in a lively mood the past few days, so the album as a whole feels a bit too quiet for me right now - though the faster songs, like Sleeping In, are really cool - it’s got the cool techno beats combined with, uh, lush instrumentation that you can both bang your head and weave your body to, if that makes any sense.

-Mazrim Taim

Originally posted by Astral
Such Great Heights is my favorite of theirs, but the first four songs on the album is great for starters:

District Sleeps Alone Tonight
Such Great Heights
Sleeping In
Nothing Better

CC: Well, I don’t use that word too often, but Postal Service and Belle and Sebastian fit that bill pretty well.

if youre interested in good music, get the albums Vs. by Mission of Burma and Crazy Rhythms by The Feelies. mob is hardcore post punk beautifulness, and the feelies are jangly pop beautifulness. if youre only interested in a song or two, get Secrets or Trem Two by burma and/or Loveless Love or Raised Eyebrows. do yourself a favor.