Post Count Question [diminished?]

Just noticed I was at 260 (well, 262 now with this one). Earlier today, I replied to something and it brought me up to 265.

I figure some old dead threads are probably being deleted (we did this a few months ago, before the Most Recent Great Deletion, and a few people lost a few 100’s off their post count, and got excessively pissy. I won’t name names, you know who you were.)

But I haven’t caught any announcements of anything along these lines. Just wondering what was up. Not angry or anything, just curious.

For a while, the ToB wasn’t actually deleted, just hidden. It’s finally deleted.

But ToB posts didn’t count. Besides, after we stopped posting in the ToB, I got some 500 posts in other areas. I didn’t have that many posts in the ToB and I got more than that out of my count.

I know i lost a lot a while back, but i havent been as regular as i used to so i didnt mind so much… though its odd seeing twenties when i used to be 400+

Ren: I’m thinking. When you delete a forum, it either deletes all posts or moves them. Possibly when they were deleted, the PHP Code doesn’t check if the forum counts posted or not and just lowers all the ranks accordingly.

Yeah, that makes sense.

So it’s possible to have a negative post count? Can an admin set mine to a negative number? :stuck_out_tongue:

Entirely possible. It’s an Int field.

It’s basically text so I think they can. I don’t know what happens when you gain posts after that though.

For a bit more clarification, z@@m on over here:
http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10736

It’s a glitch. A glitchy- glitchy- gliiitch =^^= dances

Which means I lost posts and am not a manly fish anymore dances more This is probably the first time in history a member is happy about losing posts. Go me :moogle:

you’ll always be a manly fish to me DT.

takes out a cookie Awww merl. That’s so— Hey! that wasn’t a compliment! throws the cookie at Merl :moogle:

ow, why would you ever make razor cookies? goes to find some eyewash

It’s a regular cookie, not a razor cookie ;-;

And this was my first time to hijack a thread.
merl took my hijacking virginity runs off crying

DEEPTHROAT TOLD ME THAT THERES A CHEMICAL IMBALANCE IN THE MESSAGE BOARD INFECTING EVERYONES COMPUTERS WITH DEATH PHEROMONES!!! BEING NEAR YOUR COMPUTER WILL CAUSE YOUR BLOOD TO STAGNATE AND BECOME INFECTED!!! YOU WILL LOSE ALL CIRCULATION TO YOUR BRAIN AND YOU WILL ONLY HAVE THE MOST PRIMAL INSTINCT, THE INSTINCT TO FEED!! YOU WILL BECOME THE WALKING UNDEAD!!!

Either that, or a couple of your posts wont matter, not like they matter anyway.

INFECTED!!! SOMETHING IN THE BLOOD???

In the end, the posts you take are equal to the posts you make.

Originally posted by Warren
In the end, the posts you take are equal to the posts you make.

Whoa … That’s either something really deep or something really stupid.

I’d go with the latter because even little kids know that 1=1