Possible Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage 3 Retranslation

Would anyone be interested in this? I’ve seriously been considering working on this game for such a long time (and probably will eventually), but I’m curious if anyone has a genuine interest in it. So, vote.

EDIT: Information on the differences between the two versions of the game can be found here.

Bah, it’s just a Beat 'em Up. If people need the English so bad, they can play the English version, and if they MUST have the transvestite guy, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal to play the game in Japanese.

There are very, VERY few retranslations that I’m ever interested in though, so take from that what you will.

Uhm… I think I read time ago that there were of couple of guys already working on it… but I’m not fully sure.

Well, the thing is that the english version got a lot of plot-related stuff unjustly cut. For instance, the entire introduction sequence is different, and numerous plot inconsistencies throughout, to boot.

Yeah, but is there anybody in the WORLD that plays Streets of Rage games for their plot? I mean, does such a creature even exist?

raises hand >_>

I actually enjoy a little plot in my beat’em ups. :stuck_out_tongue:

While I’d rather see your efforts go toward translating beat 'em ups that have never been released in America at all, it’s ultimately your decision.

Oooohhhhh. Japanese Beat’em Ups, you say? Do tell, I’m very interested. I thought that outside the Kunio-Kun games there were no more untranslated beat’em ups.

They’re out there, you just gotta find them.

There are even more when you want to consider “Street Fighter” type games too.

Dunno, most Japanese beat’em ups I currently remember are either translated or being translated… but I can’t think of many games at this moment heh.

Was the NES Final Fight game translated (if it has any text that really needs translation heh)? that was fun.

Uhm… there are also some Sailor Moon games… I think they don’t have translations excluding for the first one (and the SNES RPG).

I’m agreeing with Shogetsu. All the ones I know of are either translated or being translated.

And, I believe the nes Final Fight was officially released in America.

There’s a difference between beat 'em ups you remember, and beat 'em ups that exist though. I’m always finding out about games I had no idea existed since they weren’t released in America. Half the fun is discovering these “new” games.

And yeah, the NES Final Fight was released in America as “Mighty Final Fight”.

But I’m an American, and therefore I am inherently lazy. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t argue with that.