Popularity

I know, but you worded it in a way that seemed like actual good advice and serious.

Play roleplaying games every Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday, and skip school on Monday because of it. That should work.

And you don’t want to be a nerd, just like you don’t want to be a part of any group: You want to be yourself. So be yourself, and take what comes from that with both hands. Or one. Doesn’t really matter.

Girls liking you does not equal being popular. I don’t really know what your reasons for not wanting to be “popular” are, but it really isn’t anything special. Everybody is popular in some way or another.

People who are picked on and generally disliked are the most popular people in the school. Think about it.

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
What people have been saying applies, though - you have to put your own raw actions/feelings/thoughts ahead of any social labels, when it comes to deciding how you want the world to see you.

That’s so true. Particularly when you like someone, it’s tempting to wrap your words around her like a blanket. To agree with everything she says, only say nice things to her, laugh at all her jokes, and all that. This gives the impression that you’re agreeing in order to be nice, and not because you truly agree; that you feel you have to be nice because she lacks her own appeal; and that you laugh at all her humor because, though none of it is really funny, you have to be polite. It also gives the impression that you’re shamelessly desperate for love, which is probably worse. The only thing less attractive is outright hostility.

But that’s the idea of all this, right?

Xwing1056

All I can say is get to know the person first. Never date someone without knowing at least a little info about him/her.

Skip two weeks of school, then come back smelling of Tomato sauce.