Poor, poor school

I would figure a school district would want to give money to a poor school if every time it rains the middle of the school becomes a lake and the entirety of the science wing becomes a swamp. (no joke) As great as it is to get to blow off labs and junk because half of my class is soggy, it’s still not fun to have bits of the cieling falling on your head.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the district would just send a little money to at least get something here fixed. An airconditioner falling through the roof in the choir room isn’t quite a good thing.
I just wish public schools like this one were given some money to fix themselves.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the district would just send a little money to at least get something here fixed. An airconditioner falling through the roof in the choir room isn’t quite a good thing.

Thats why you should always wear a helmet.

Giving the school money is usually something that the state does when problems first arise, and if the school doesnt turn it around fast, the government quickly moves to privatization or state control. And neither of those are of any help, because usually when a school system needs a bailout, they call in a private orginization, which usually leads to more debt, because the district then has to pay the private company. The other plan they use is turing control of the school over to the state, and the downside of that is the state has better things to do than be a prinicepal, so things take a LOOOONG time to get done.

I guess its really hard to bring a school back up to speed. Although it sounds like the problem at your school is with the building, in which case they would probably do some construction. And TRUST ME, you DONT want construction. Having to listen to jackhammers all day SUCKS. I know, cause thats what is going on a my school.

And I thought MY high school was ghetto.

hahah your school is worse than my school. I bet my school could beat up your school! Let’s battle them!:enguard:

It makes me feel better that my school is in good condition. I should bring shit like this up whenever people start bitching about how much our school sucks.

Man. THat’s just… sad.

Wow, and I thought the hollowed out rock I go to was bad. At least it’s not sinking.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
hahah your school is worse than my school. I bet my school could beat up your school! Let’s battle them!:enguard:

Hell yeah, reminds me of the school rushes I used to be involved in.

I wish my school was like that, then the board would be in chaos and we’d have to do split shifts or miss some time or something fun like that. School boards are CHEAP.

And if your school is really that bad, why hasn’t anyone complained? That’s a major safety hazard, take it to court, huzzah!

When I first started middle school I went to a school exactly like that. My homeroom was in a science lab and everytime it rained that room would be sopping wet. The lockers were the kind that were attached to the locker and they typically either didn’t lock at all or stuck shut and you had to smack it to make it pop open (yes, just like the 80’s movies that dealt with high school… hehe). I only had to go to it for 1 quarter because everyone in that school was moved to a different school so that school could be renovated. The new school had just recently been renovated so it was nice, the problem was that it was massively overcrowded because the people who normally were supposed to go there were also there.

My high school is in relativly good shape, so I don’t complain. You should write a letter to your congressman or something, or contact the head of your states Department of Education.

My school is cold as hell (er… yes. Frozen hell.) and moldy, but at least it’s dry.

You make the schools here sound rich and well maintained. They aren’t falling apart at least, not the ones where I live anyway.