Pool

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Orak, get Microsoft Pinball Arcade. The last table is Cue Ball Wizard. That game rocks. Actually, that’s plain good advice for the lot of y’all.

I’ve seen that pinball game in the nickel arcade in my town, and I’ve played it before.

I really enjoy playing, even though I’m average at it. I usually only play when my friends who are more serious about it (read: own their own cues) are going. Sometimes I completely kick ass and others I’m terrible, but it’s fun.

I really enjoy playing, even though I’m average at it. I usually only play when my friends who are more serious about it (read: own their own cues) are going. Sometimes I completely kick ass and others I’m terrible, but it’s fun.

For reasons like that why I hate breaking. If I break and miss, whoever I’m playing usually makes a run on me for about 5-6 balls.

My old school has a pool table. I played the game a couple of times there, but not enough to get any good: If I was lucky I could get a couple of them into <del>- what is it you call the holes, do they have any special name? You get the point.</del> the pockets.

Suppose I’ll have to try and play it again some day.

My old school has a pool table. I played the game a couple of times there, but not enough to get any good: If I was lucky I could get a couple of them into - what is it you call the holes, do they have any special name? You get the point.

Pockets?

Originally posted by Orakio
For reasons like that why I hate breaking. If I break and miss, whoever I’m playing usually makes a run on me for about 5-6 balls.

That’s what I think too. I always act all nice and tell my friends they can break when what I’m really doing is plotting their very downfall. They’re too stupid to notice that it’s easier to sink a ball after the break :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I think too. I always act all nice and tell my friends they can break when what I’m really doing is plotting their very downfall. They’re too stupid to notice that it’s easier to sink a ball after the break :stuck_out_tongue:

not hard to put balls in during the break if your opponent racks them the right way… that and you break the right way…

Originally posted by Orakio
not hard to put balls in during the break if your opponent racks them the right way… that and you break the right way…

…and win right on the first turn if you get the 8 ball in (During the break.)

the 8 ball is usually hard to get in during the break… considering it is suppost to be in the most middle spot.

We had a pool table until we ran out of room and are currently “storing” it at my uncle’s. I’m a decent player, and I have uncanny streaks of luck when I’m playing. But that luck goes both ways :stuck_out_tongue:

Love it, but suck at it. I play pool with friends sometimes.

Originally posted by Dragon Tear
Love it, but suck at it. I play pool with friends sometimes.

Use to have a pool table, but lost a few of the balls, so we got rid of it.

you can just buy new balls you know…

i dont really like pool, because i usually get beat at it by my relatives in family gathering situations…

my brother got my parents to buy a bumper pool table, but it was made in china and sucks and is wobbly and unsteady, so we covered it with the spiffy poker top thing it game with, and use that a lot.

I’ve had a pool table in my garage all my life. I don’t know any of the lingo, like what the stick is called (thats an exageration, I know what the stick is called.). But I can some tricked out shit.

my brother got my parents to buy a bumper pool table, but it was made in china and sucks and is wobbly and unsteady, so we covered it with the spiffy poker top thing it game with, and use that a lot.

my uncle got one of those too. He payed $10 for it. Official size and everything, and the top can be used as a regular table, can be fliped over for a poker table, or be removed to play bumper pool.

pool is great. i like to play it in my spare time. my friend has a pool table in his garage

I know I could buy new balls, but my old table was a smaller one and the ball sizes were smaller too. The table really sucked.

yeah, I used to have one of those old crapy ones as well… didn’t do that much… it was good when I was 8 though

my brother has this cool one thats like 6 inches long. I think he lost the cue ball for it though. ;_;

All these potential phallic references going unexploited… I feel like I’m walking through a perversion vaccuum. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like pool… I played quite a bit of it last year since our dorm/house had a decent table downstairs, in much better shape than the ones in the other dorms. My game improved a lot, but I was never able to beat my roommate. Wily Germans… >_>