Polygon or sprite RPGs?

Just curious. This applies to PSX and onwards, not SNES/Genesis etc.

On one hand you have the popular ‘greats’ like the FF series, most MMOs, a ton of others, but on the other you’ve got Valkyrie Profile, Tales of Eternia, Disgaea, and Breath of Fire

i cant decide i like both equily.

why dont you have a both option? :moogle:

Point. I’d edit the poll if I could. :\

It’s probably a purely aesthetic choice, since the quality depends on the developer, but I always preferred sprite ones. Plus Tales of Eternia is one. ;;>_>

Some people do not play games for graphics. Some of us play for the game’s content and story line…

Some people do not play games for graphics. Some of us play for the game’s content and story line…

i think you got the question wrong. what graphics do you prefer apart from the story?

i vote for sprites

I think you misunderstood me, I don’t care about the graphics of a game.

It’s a hard choice to make,Poligons offer a more realistic (Not often the case,look at cel shaded graphics)view of games,but with it came many games that are pure eye candy and no fun,but it also gots very good games like FFX.

On the other hand,sprites offer a more fun look at the game and many developers concentrate more on the game that at eye candy (Again there are exeptions)

If i could i would say a tie between the two,but if i really had to choose i would choose sprites,just look at Disgaea and Valkyrie Profile which i consider pure fun to play.

Most of my faves are sprite based. Or they are sprites on polys.

I prefer a mix of both. But I generally prefer 2D gaming to 3D.

Graphics is all this thread ig about; visual preference. I prefer well-drawn and animated sprites to polygons, and just wanted to know other’s opinions.

Yeah, I like sprites better too.

I like sprites because they make the games look more Anime-like. Most Polygon games still look too “blocky”. But then again, it all depends on the game’s atmosphere. FF Tactics and Saga Frontier 2 were too serious to have had such cartoony graphics, in my opinion.

I like both, sprites and polygons.

Wait a minute,which category cel shaded graphics fall into? because they can give the same anime like feeling that sprites do,yet do many more things that sprites can’t.

(tell me if you see my sprite)

after long consideration i have decided to go with sprites because they just look funnier than the serios looking guys you see these days. :moogle:

Graphics is all this thread ig about; visual preference.

Why do people always make things harder than it needs to be. I merely stated my visual preference: I don’t care.

Most RPGs I have played with polygons look really blurry, pixelated, and poorly textured. It is hard to see what is going on. In recent years, however, it has gotten a bit better.

I guess I am more used to sprites, so I like sprites

Fair enough.