Poly relationships. Open minded, or excuse to whore around?

Exactly. And thats probably the main problem anyway. If jealousy didn’t exist, the amount of polygamous relationships would probably increase by like 300%.
I do think it’s porrible tohave several serious relationships. It doesn’t even have to involve love- if you look at how many marriages didnt happen because of love (at least not undying love and so on omfg) and still last a lifetime, whereas others based on love end up in a divorce (Not saying all do 8p). If trust and respect are involved, and all know about it and agree, then I see no way why it wouldnt work and be ‘just about sex’/ fuckbuddyness.

I never really got that. Why WOULDN’T you want to eat your cake? I mean, that’s what cake is for. If you went through the trouble of obtaining cake, why shouldn’t you eat it? Letting it spoil is just a waste of your time and money. Maybe you bought it for someone else, that’s great, but then it’s not your cake, now is it?

If you ate the cake, you’d no longer have it. But you want to have it too.

Yeah, I thought of this a lot too. I guess it’s the idea that some people like the fact that they have potential cake, no matter how old and stale it is, or it just looks really nice on display.

But then you have used your cake for it’s intended purpose, and could just get another cake. It still doesn’t make any sense.

That’s why I say “eat your cake and have it, too.” It’s equivalent logically, but rearranging it gives a different impression of chronology.

As for the original topic… I can’t figure out the proper way to say what I think, but in short, it’s stupid.

What if we changed it from Cake to Pie? Would that help at all?

WHy don’t youjust eat half the cake then you ate some and still have it.

Hm… I think it doesn’t really matter as long as they are not in a serious relationship i guess. Most of my friends switch partners daily (not me them) So in general I’m indifferent to it :-/

Enjoy your <b>AIDS</b>

Everyone has AIDS! AIDS, AIDS, AIDS!
That’s why people who use condoms are being chosen by natural selection.

woooo-hoo for condoms! yeah! :biggrin:

I have a friend w/ benefits (aka fuck buddy) right now.

She actually has a boyfriend who she lives with, but she still fools around with me.

I would like it if she dumped her boyfriend and started officially dating me, but I’d rather do what I’m doing now than nothing at all.

But I doubt that the boyfriend even knows I exist, so its not so much that she’s in an open relationship. More like she’s just being unfaithful.

eh… hope he doesn’t find out.

Fuck buddies are fun. To fuck.

I don’t care if he finds out. It might actually be good for me if he does. That way he’ll dump her and I can step in.

And I doubt he’d try to physically confront me. If he did, he’d regret it.

Don’t get your hopes up, Dave. To put yourself in such a situation is only to expect heartbreak. Also, why would you expect someone that is unfaithful to her boyfriend to be faithful to you if you DID go out with her?

Dude, I know. I know. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

I watched my friend go through the exact same thing about 6 months ago. He was dating this girl and convinced her to dump her long-time boyfriend for him. They were serious for a couple months, then it all blew up in his face. Now she’s back with her old bf and he hates her guts.

But I’ve liked this girl for a couple years now, and it is rediculously satisfying to hook up with a girl you’ve had a crush on for so long. So I’m going to keep at it. But don’t get me wrong, I fully expect this to end badly. I am realistic about it. The chances of me making this girl my girlfriend are slim to none. I’m just going to enjoy the situation that I’m in now. And if it develops into something more, great. But if it doesn’t, oh well, I gave it a shot.

Meh, let people have sex with who they like and with as many as they like. Sex isn’t what makes a relationship.

What you said is vanguardisistic wrong. A relationship starts with sex, has sex in the middle and even after it ends. Sex is the basis of all life. (this is a striking new discovery)

So, you’re inisuating that a relationship cannot begin purely on an intellectual basis?

Like Frank Drebin once said: “Sex sex sex, more more more… …handcuffs… You just get tired of it… Ed?”

Also, are you not happy because you’re not getting any, and she is?

It’s funny. Natural selection choosing those who use unnatural methods.