Poll: Dance Dance Revolution

You will play DDR on Friday!

I can see it getting old once you hit that point, but im not there yet. I used to be a big perfect attacker like (so i gather) you were, but i started trying freestyle so it added a whole dimension to the game. That will keep me going for awhile i guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

played it once at a local arcade. yep, white people don’t have rythmn.

A friend of mine once said that DDR was about timing and not rhythm, and I think I am tempted to agree with him (though a sense of rhythm might not hurt admittedly). The best Perfect Attackers I have ever seen insist that they do not “listen” to the beat so much as they simply read the arrows and get the timing down. My friend Mike can AAA songs on mute simply reading the speed of the arrows. I was always more focused on the rhythm myself, and rarely looked at the arrows. I went by feeling the beat, and not unsurprisingly I performed better on machines where the bass was more clearly defined (I was also pretty good at doing mods like S4R because I rarely looked at the arrows anyhow). But I was definitely not the best PAer around, and had maybe only 10 or 15 AAAs at the most on heavy. The people with better timing seem to own up the PA generally.

I’ve never played it, but once I convinced Merlin to send me a dollar bill so if I ever came across a DDR machine, I could play.

He actually sent the dollar too. =P

Of course in the meantime, I have seen a few DDR machines, but I never played them. I don’t need to pay money to be humiliated in public. I can do that for free.

(Just don’t tell Merlin that I never used his dollar…)

Merl plays?

played it in arcades now and then, love it. and it has soo many flashy backgrounds.

It’s a cool concept, but there’s 2 problems:

1. I don’t really like europop all that much

2. It’s really nothing like real dancing. Like, at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, consequently, I only play when my friends pester me. Oh, and I played at the RPGCali Spring trip. I beat Infonick by just using the down arrow to prove how much the game sucks :stuck_out_tongue:

Man, you’re really trying to extrapolate information that wasn’t found anywhere in my post. Where in that post does it say anything that suggests anything about Merlin’s DDR habits (or lack thereof)? He just sent me a dollar bill, that’s all. If a kid asks his mom for a quarter to play Pacman, and the mom gives him that quarter, that doesn’t mean that his mom plays Pacman necessarily. That’s analogous to what happened to me.

To answer your question: Who knows?