Perfect Blue

Responding in Sinistral’s thread got me thinking about this one again. Anyone seen it? I thought it was creepy as all hell, and established a hell of an atmosphere, even if I saw the ending coming. Oh yeah, and the music is freaky.

I was 10 seconds too slow in figuring out the ending, but otherwise yes I’ve seen it. More Red Herrings than you could shake a stick at.

Yeah saw it ages ago… although must admit couldn’t follow it when I first watched it. However that might have been due to watching it at like 2am.

Second time I saw it, managed to follow it… but overall I still didn’t really like it.
I just prefer ‘Millenium Actress’ and ‘Paprika’, which were done by the same people.

Yeah, its heavy use of metaphors can make it a little confusing - but that works in its favor, IMO. It keeps you guessing both about what’s going on on the surface level, and also on the deeper symbolic level. It works as a creepy-as-hell thriller but also makes you think.

The ending isn’t that hard to figure out if you pay attention…

Seen it, like it, but don’t think it deserves to be called a mindfuck. Good movie.