Outfuckingstanding!

I install a “Yeardisk” from high school just to look back on the old days and it COMPLETELY fucks up my computer. I have 2 drives, one for system stuff and another for my files. The system restore disks by are able to easily restore one drive and by default formats and restores the system drive to factory settings. I’ve done it before so I’m like “Whatever, so I have to spend some time reinstalling some stuff and updating other programs.” However, my computer locks up constantly now. I can’t even change my desktop ackground without it locking up. This is just great. Everything looked fine at the beginning, but now…SHIT! This fucking sucks. I don’t know what I’ll do now. I’m using my Linux computer now (Red Hat 8) which is nice and all, but it has 2 big flaws: 1. lacks MP3 support by default, and 2. it has a strange problem with closing Home (the “My Computer” like thing for you Windows jockies) when I open certain files. GRRRR! Luckily I don’t play PC games so I am mostly missing out on some multimedia things, however, it is a major piss-off. Don’t think that I don’t like Linux anymore, but I don’t hate Windows anymore. I find it a necessary evil and like it a bit.

Let me guess, it’s freezing up whenever you get a file-choice popup box. I’ve got that same problem. Bad runn32.dll file.

Never install things you got from your school/college. People who make such programs are evil.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
Let me guess, it’s freezing up whenever you get a file-choice popup box. I’ve got that same problem. Bad runn32.dll file.

That and many .dll files. It fucking sucks. Ah well, at least it lets me get reaquianted with Linux. I’m gonna have to figure out how to fix this without nuking the hard drive since my computer has an outstanding factory/default setting and awesome programs.

But I guess it does make them much more remembered, since who would forget the names of the people who did that to your computer.

Anyway, unlucky about your computer Nick. I wish I could help, but that would mean giving you mine, and that just ain’t happening!!

Old days are evil days. Evil in the bad way days, that is.

Best of luck. I would reccomend that you went and beated the creator of the disk into a bloody pulp, but I assume he was to smart to put his name on it.

And fixing the mp3 problem shouldn’t be hard, you just need to find the libraries. If RedHat has dependencies those should install along with a mp3 player. But then again, RedHat makes Windows Millenium look good.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]Old days are evil days. Evil in the bad way days, that is.

Best of luck. The creator hasn’t left his name on that disk, has he? Don’t load anything that can’t be traced: The maker must have had a reason to hide his name. [/b]

The straneg thing is, I’ve used the disk before and had no problems with it. The address of the company is on the disk and they also have contact information on the disk. I think that my computer just rejected it in major ways.