Older FPS games?

Well then, god mode and infinite ammo aren’t cheats, they’re just utilizing parts of the code that already exist! Man, I feel great knowing I can use both without having to feel the slightest bit of remorse any more!

Yes I was, and if I remember distinctly, then the last ever game of that played was one in which I was beating you. Everyone completely forgot about Q2 after that.

Quite a big coincedence eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

And I don’t consider bunny-hopping or scripting cheating at all. If someone has the audacity and fear of losing a game to use it, then let them, then when they get beaten even when they use those tactics, they’ll go off calling me a cheater like has happened on oh so many FPS games before this.

No, you’re misconstruing what I said - God Mode and Infinite Ammo are cheats, they’re put into the code as cheats and aren’t used as anything other than cheats. Scripts utilizing bunny hop, which isn’t a cheat (at least I don’t think it is, I think it’s rather a skill. If it was a cheat it’d be easy, but it isn’t very easy to maintain speed), but rather a command code that forces the console to do things for you, making it easier to pull off. Sure, it sounds like a cheat, but it isn’t.

What’s your opinion on aimbots? I mean, they just aim and shoot for you. No cheating or anything <_<

Dude, bunny-hopping scripts do stuff for you, just like aimbots. Which are cheating.
If it’s not you actually doing the jumping, then it’s cheating. If the computer does anything for you, it’s not you. What do cheats do? Make the console not recognize damage, or make the console give you more ammo, or just make the console do something to make it easier for you to win.

Too much emphasis is placed on people being a cheat if they need a little help playing a game. If they need a script or a program to help increase their skill then that’s fine. They obviously have no skill or they wouldn’t cheat in the first place. Besides, if you can’t beat a lame aimbotter or bunny-hopper then you aren’t very good at a game :P.

Buh, that’s the thing. The aimbot makes it impossible for you to shoot them without them hitting you with every shot. If they have a railgun, it’s impossible to kill them because the aimbot turns for them as well, it has a 360º range.

See that’s why I don’t rely on just eyes while playing FPS. You’ve gotta learn to play a couple of days with your eyes closed on a DM server, headphones on full volume. I do that for a week with every single FPS I get and slowly decrease the volume.

It helps to encourage my hearing while playing it, so that I know the general direction of an enemy before he can see me. Effectively giving me a wallhack, and then as soon as he comes around the corner it’s just reflexes from there.

Of course this doesn’t apply to aimbot snipers which are the bane of my existence.

Scripts, aimbots, and cheats all have one thing in common - they provide an unfair advantage. The playing field should be level for everyone. Skill, luck, and intelligence should be the only determiners.

Steve, a bunny hop script doesn’t jump for you, you still have to do at least that much. And you still have to have the proper timing, the bunny hop script just helps you with that.

Is it really an unfair advantage if it’s downloadable off the internet?

And I agree that if you can’t beat someone whose bunny hopping you probably suck anyway. Bunny hopping just makes the game a lot faster because everyone is moving faster, so it takes faster reflexes. I think it’s more fun, but meh.

Yeah exactly, an aimbot just helps you aim, and it’s downloadable too. :stuck_out_tongue: The aimbot just happens to give you more of an advantage than a bunny hop script.

Sorc, really, stop being a dick about this. Bunny Hopping scripts are not acceptable. No more so than any aimbot. Try taking either of them to a LAN tournement, and you’ll get your ass booted out onto the street faster than you can say “cheap.”

How am I being a dick about this? You’re being more of a dick than I am by calling me one. When I’m a dick, you’ll know it.

As far as LAN tournaments go, well, the Summer CPL (the largest lan tournament on the planet), when it hosted Team Fortress Classic BYOC tournaments allowed the Bunny Hop script.

So…try again? If the largest lan tournament in the world says its ok, who cares what you think?

Am I being a dick yet?