Oh my God he's weak.

I decided to get another character in FF11 since it is only one more dollar a month. Anyway, my guy is getting his ass handed to him on a silver plater. He’s a Tarutaru white mage. It is hard for me to just get him to level 2. Any ideas since I’m having a hard time just beating the weak guys? Plus, since I’m only level 1, partying is hard and pointless since I get zero XP or very litte.

It’s been a long time since I played, but Tarutaru white mages were regarded as being the toughest class to play back when I played. I belonged to Windurst, and the best route for playing Taru WM then was to kill crabs until you get to level 10, and group with people after that. I’m not sure if it’d still work now, or if it’d even apply to the area you’re in, but regardless, it’s going to take a long time to gain those 10 levels no matter what you do. Patience is what you really need.

If you really want to go with a white mage, it’s much easier to level a BLM to 18 and do the subjob quest, then level the WHM with BLM subbed. Leveling a WHM from 1 to 10 with a BLM sub is incredibly easy: I was able to chain ‘even match’ monsters until level 7.

I actually found thief to be much more difficult to level before partying.

You’ll probably want to have a subjob first.
When I leveled it, I had RDM subbed: I could take on decents and evens nearly all the way to level ten.

Thief is pretty hard. Monk was the easiest to jump up levels fast. My red mage isnt doing too bad either.

This advice isn’t helpign since it means i have to get to level 18 first. That isn’t exactly an easy task. I’m only on level 13 with my warrior elvaan and it is getting hard to get up levels. Plus, I want to be a taru white mage to be an excellent healer. Maybe I’ll switch to red mage though. Black magic isn’t my thing and I find it sort of pointless in the game except to add extra htis in a battle.

Strange, I found theif pretty easy to use. I had a Hume thief and leveled him very fast.

It’s getting a little bit better. I’m up to level 3 now. I hear that once I get to level 10, it’ll be extremely easy to party which will take care of the rest of my levels. I mostly picked a Taru as a white mage since he’ll have the most MP and stats for magic making him an excellent white mage.

my monk FINALLY reached level 13, after 3 hours of gameplay. Does anyone else take this long to level up once ? then on my way back to Bastok, i pick a fight with a couple of easy gobs… they killed me and guess what… back to level 12 and my HP in the dunes… GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Yes. If you’re still soloing, it’s going to take a LONG time to gain levels once you’re above ten.

It’s still going to take an hour (an insanely good party) or two to gain a single level at any given time.

Yeah, kinda sucks that they make it so hard you cant solo. I hope they make it a little easier in an update…

Yeah, the leveling system sort of sucks. I wish it was like most RPGs where you got a set amount of XP from a monster and the amount needed went up. In this one, the amount needed goes up, but not the amount you get, which is stupid. The aspect of partying I hate is how you have to get people close in levels to you and finding good peolpe to party with can be difficult at times.

Yeah, the “color coded” experience is in a lot of MMORPGs. It’s one of many reasons I don’t play them.

I agree, my Red MAge is at level 10, and all the best party’s are 13 + in the dunes, so i gain about 10-40 EXP a kill, and i KNOW they are gaining about 100-150… The end of my free month is coming up… dum da dum dum…

Ok, tips:

-from levels 10-20, don’t party with people who are more than 2 levels above or below you. A good party is within 2 levels of each member (all are levels 10 to 12, for example)

-from levels 20-30, you can go to within 3 levels, although there is still a drop.

-At level 10, you might still want to party in La Theine. Those rabbits can be bitches to a level 10 party.