OH.Fuck.YES!

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2004/011104a.html

I REALLY like the part about FFXII having both him and Sakimoto. FF7’s music was pretty good too, so that’ll rock. I wonder what the unnamed project is o_o.

It’s already been stated a lot that Uematsu isn’t really working on FF12 that much. He’s gonna compose, like, one song. But, on the other hand, when Uematsu interviews, he makes it sound like he’s playing a more active role. I’m really confused. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I don’t know what I’d like better: Uematsu and Sakimoto working together, or just Sakimoto. While Uematsu’s music is, to me, kinda declining, he does sort of make the series. On the other hand, Hitoshi Sakimoto, in my opinion, keeps getting better, and BETTER :open_mouth: So I don’t know. Whichever one happens will please me, I suppose :stuck_out_tongue:

Uematsu, of course, I know, but Sakimoto is a new one on me. From Sin’s post I take it he did the FFVII score? I never really bothered to watch the credits to most games. ;;>>

EDIT: Oops, double post. My bad. >_<

I’ve only heard a few of Sakimoto’s compositions, but if they’re any indication of his work as a whole then I much prefer Uematsu’s work over his.

Pierson, here’s a list of more popular games that Sakimoto has composed or co-composed:

Ogre Battle series
FFTactics games
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Radiant Silvergun
Tekken Advance
Legaia: Duel Saga
Treasure Hunter G
Vagrant Story

Well, of course I know Uematsu’s music, and if Sakimoto made the music for Ogre Battle and Vagrant Story I can only say:

XD!!!

Sakimoto co-composed all of the Ogre battle stuff.

I still maintain that the Overworld song in Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most captivating and moving pieces of music ever.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I still maintain that the Overworld song in Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most captivating and moving pieces of music ever.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Damn them for not playing it during disc 2. ;_;

<hr>
He also mentioned that another Black Mages album will be released sometime this summer or fall.
<hr>

:smiley:

Originally posted by Skankin’ Garbage
[b]It’s already been stated a lot that Uematsu isn’t really working on FF12 that much. He’s gonna compose, like, one song. But, on the other hand, when Uematsu interviews, he makes it sound like he’s playing a more active role. I’m really confused. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I don’t know what I’d like better: Uematsu and Sakimoto working together, or just Sakimoto. While Uematsu’s music is, to me, kinda declining, he does sort of make the series. On the other hand, Hitoshi Sakimoto, in my opinion, keeps getting better, and BETTER :open_mouth: So I don’t know. Whichever one happens will please me, I suppose :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]

SG : Seek out the Hanjuku Hero VS 3D OST. That’s Uematsu’s first solo OST since FFIX, it takes a while to get used to, but it shows that he hasn’t declined in the least.

Sin : I was happy about that news as well… somewhat old, but still cool. They’ve worked together in FFTA, but Uematsu only did 1 track : the Main Theme. Sakimoto did the majority of the soundtrack. Super Sweep Inc. composers Ayako Saso(Bushido Blade, Ridge Racer 1 & 2, Driving Emotion Type-S, Megaman Battle Transmission, etc…) and Kahori Ohkoshi(First project it seems) contributed 4 tracks each. In the whole, it’s nice, but Sakimoto was the undisputable master in FFTA.

And now he’s doing a numbered FF, which is a really good thing :smiley:

Kero : Fully agreed ;.;(About FF7 Main Theme)

For TBM 2 : 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D

Originally posted by Kero Hazel
Damn them for not playing it during disc 2. ;_;

Yeah. Instead they had that crappy ‘Meteor’ one. >_<

And SG; I’ve only heard a few tracks from a couple of those games (VS, mostly) but if that’s him, then; woooo.:yipee:

DG, if you wanna gimme some samples, then go ahead. But I imagine a soundtrack that takes some getting used to would mean that’s he’s still slumped :stuck_out_tongue:

I will… once I get the net back at home :stuck_out_tongue:

And no, not that he’s slumped, it’s just that the HH games are the opposite of FF. Instead of serious music, it’s mostly comical.