Oh Canada

Canada rocks, and don’t you forget it!

Canada rules. The oldest you have to be to drink the best beer in the world is 19. The other half of the provinces (it alternates) is 18.
I don’t like where I live in Canada, but I’d never move to the states, even though you guys have cooler stuff.

Dude, VGCats rocks :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t see how you can see it as otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of us aren’t amused by webcomics with a 3 out of 40 frequency of funny strips.

You mean every other webcomic (except for PA)? :stuck_out_tongue:

I enjoy VgCats as well as a great deal of other people, so I’m going to keep it in the “positive things about Canada” category for now.

Yeah, PA and Real Life Comics are about the only ones I can stand anymore.

There’s a few unique ideas (like sexylosers), but VG Cats, which uses scripts recycled thousands of times in the past and written by 12 year old kids, has shitty art, negatively charismatic writers, and an un-professional looking site that spams slow-loading banners, isn’t one of them.

Well I dunno. VGCats loads fine for me, and I love the way the author draws his comics (that’s what keeps me reading, even if I don’t get the jokes he’s making about some of the games because I haven’t played them before). I also can’t stand Sexy Losers, so to each his own I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Man, the way he draws his comics sucks. It’s like a shittified mockery of Mac Hall, which sucks enough without being mocked. And he doesn’t know how to draw facial expressions.

http://www.vgcats.com/vgc_comics/?strip_id=54

That’s the average VGC comic. It didn’t even make me giggle. There ARE some good ones, but they’re few and far between.

We all know you looked through like half the archive to find one that would be the least funny when put out of context (it’s named "part 2) >>;

Part 2’s even worse… I was like a stone reading it. It’s so not funny that can’t even laugh at it’s crap-ness.

Well, I’m back. So here’s my two cents on Canada (keep in my mind I’m comparing California to Victoria)

1. Canada is really beautiful. Has anyone been to Washington? It’s like that on steroids. I went to the Butchart Garden there, and it was kick ass. And I’m not even a nature lover.
  2. Canadian drivers suck! The don’t even have left turn signals at intersections. And their pedestrian walk signs look retarded. The little guy is perfectly straight, and I have never seen anyone walk with their back perfectly straight. The US one is more realistic.
  3. Canada is full of perverts. I know that I was in a big city, and like all big cities, you have your fair share of perverts. But Victoria was the most perverted place I have ever seen (keeping in mind the biggest city I’ve been to is LA). Adult shops are everywhere, even in toys stores (true story). I’m sorry, but I thought the US was pretty damn obsessed with sex, but Canada is like a hundred times worse.
  4. Pretty much, Canada is a lot like the US, except when otherwise noted by me:)
  5. It’s easier to pay for things in US money than Canadian money. I’m sorry, but that’s sad.
  6. Most of Canadian entertainment comes from the US, or is a rip-off of something in the US. Also, half of their news is about the US.
  7. Canada is obsessed with beer, but then again so is the US and a lot of other countries. However, Canada thinks it’s beer is the best. I know German beer is really good, and Celtic alcohol kicks ass (and will burn the hair off of it). Sadly, I didn’t get to try Canadian beer, so I can’t really make an argument here. But I have heard from people that it is stronger than US beer.
  8. Needless to say, but all the signs were in both English and French. Who would have guessed?
  9. Canada seems to be more accepting of other people than the US. Canada is also extremely less diverse than the US. I only saw English Canadians, French Canadians (not much difference there), Chinese people, and people visiting from the US.
  10. Canadians really are obsessed with hockey. That is how they express their nationalistic pride. Canada may have a small army and police force (I didn’t see any Mounties:( ), but they seem to be really small when compared to the US. Hockey is all they got. If you insult Canadian hockey, they will kill you. My friend got into a big fight over the CHL with a bartender.
  11. There were a lot of homeless beggars in Victoria. There was also a lot of help- wanted signs. Interpret that as you will.
  12. Canadians hardly ever ask for ID. You can get a lot of things there <hint hint>
  13. This may sound prejudice, but then again pretty much everything I have said is prejudice: Canadians seem more red-necked to me than the US. And I’m from Redneck Town, USA.
  14. Canada likes to brag about their low crime rate, but I found out what’s really going on. Canada has a lower crime rate because they have less laws. Which reminds me, I think prostitution may be legal there. They were everywhere. Or maybe, the Canadian police force is so crappy, almost all the crime goes unnoticed. Or perhaps it’s because Canada has almost no big cities?

Besides all these little differences, Canada could be considered part of the US, that’s how similar they are. If Canada hates the US so much, why are they so much like us?

That is true, I know a lot of people who really suck at driving. Go to Quebec if you REALLY want to see some bad drivers.

1. Canada is full of perverts. I know that I was in a big city, and like all big cities, you have your fair share of perverts. But Victoria was the most perverted place I have ever seen (keeping in mind the biggest city I’ve been to is LA). Adult shops are everywhere, even in toys stores (true story). I’m sorry, but I thought the US was pretty damn obsessed with sex, but Canada is like a hundred times worse.
    I think Canada is a little more “liberated” sexually than most other countries. A lot of businesses take advantage of that.
  1. It’s easier to pay for things in US money than Canadian money. I’m sorry, but that’s sad.
    I don’t know where you were, but when I received American money at work it annoyed the hell out of me. We’d make a point to take a really long time to count it up, and advertise the use of banks to exchange types of money.
  1. Most of Canadian entertainment comes from the US, or is a rip-off of something in the US. Also, half of their news is about the US.
    The American music industry is HUGE, and the Canadian one is rather tiny. We do import a lot of music. As for the News… well, the States likes to stir up a lot more shit than Canada does. Asides from the election, nothing huge is happening in Canada right now.
  1. Canada is obsessed with beer, but then again so is the US and a lot of other countries. However, Canada thinks it’s beer is the best. I know German beer is really good, and Celtic alcohol kicks ass (and will burn the hair off of it). Sadly, I didn’t get to try Canadian beer, so I can’t really make an argument here. But I have heard from people that it is stronger than US beer.
    Canadian beer is stronger, but in my opinion the best beer comes from Europe.
  1. Canada seems to be more accepting of other people than the US. Canada is also extremely less diverse than the US. I only saw English Canadians, French Canadians (not much difference there), Chinese people, and people visiting from the US.
    If you want to see more diversity, come to Toronto. So many people with so many different backgrounds working together.
  1. Canadians really are obsessed with hockey. That is how they express their nationalistic pride. Canada may have a small army and police force (I didn’t see any Mounties:( ), but they seem to be really small when compared to the US. Hockey is all they got. If you insult Canadian hockey, they will kill you. My friend got into a big fight over the CHL with a bartender.
    Don’t rile up the locals, mmkay?
  1. Canadians hardly ever ask for ID. You can get a lot of things there <hint hint>
    Wonderful, ain’t it?
  1. Canada likes to brag about their low crime rate, but I found out what’s really going on. Canada has a lower crime rate because they have less laws. Which reminds me, I think prostitution may be legal there. They were everywhere. Or maybe, the Canadian police force is so crappy, almost all the crime goes unnoticed. Or perhaps it’s because Canada has almost no big cities?
    Good people don’t need laws to act properly.

Besides all these little differences, Canada could be considered part of the US, that’s how similar they are. If Canada hates the US so much, why are they so much like us?
We don’t hate the US. Think of it as a rivalry a little brother has with his older sibling. We don’t agree with everything you do and we poke fun at you sometimes, but deep down we love you guys.

Everyone should go to Toronto, hell, anywhere in Ontario! I mean, it is the center of the universe isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad you came to Canada, felt good about yourself, made some new generalizations (hopefully more educated then the world cutting off at the 49th parallel or something). I mean, one city on the west coast must, after all, represent the whole of Canada right? That’s completely how I feel about the states. They’re so much like us why don’t they just join Canada? I mean the world loves Canada, aren’t you yankies tired of being hated yet?

Also, just something I’ve noticed that’s weird. If you are Canadian, and you dislike hockey, people will be all “Aww… you suck man.” but nothing really happens. If you’re from the states and you say something bad about hockey you’re in for alot of pain. Weird that, but oh well.

I also find it kinda funny you said that about crime since the lower mainland has the highest car theft rate in all of north america :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy:

That’s right, come to Canada, where the ale and wenches are always flowing!

…that’s just wrong.

1. Canadian drivers suck! The don’t even have left turn signals at intersections. And their pedestrian walk signs look retarded. The little guy is perfectly straight, and I have never seen anyone walk with their back perfectly straight. The US one is more realistic.

Drivers suck everywhere. Especially in big cities.

You can blame most of the vices that you saw on it being BC. British Columbia is to Canada what the Netherlands are to Europe.

1. It’s easier to pay for things in US money than Canadian money. I’m sorry, but that’s sad.

You’re more familiar with American currency than Canadian. Of course it’s going to be easy for you. (Though to be fair, Canadian currency isn’t that easy to get a handle on at first, thanks to all the coins.)

1. Canada seems to be more accepting of other people than the US. Canada is also extremely less diverse than the US. I only saw English Canadians, French Canadians (not much difference there), Chinese people, and people visiting from the US.

Then you didn’t see much of Canada then. We’re very diverse, but we don’t really make a big deal about it.

One last thing: Nothing good has ever come out of Toronto. NOTHING. (Except the RPGCers, but that’s a given, right?)

It’s a westerner joke, Doma, you won’t get it :stuck_out_tongue: It’s for all the other western Canadians who read these boards (well mostly fiona :P) but thanks for making the joke even better:

Really you easteners, constantly cracking me up :stuck_out_tongue:

:kissy: