Official NIRVANA thread

I love Nirvana. Definately one of the best bands ever.

I’m afraid I haven’t heard any of their songs: Can’t say I’ve been looking, though. The radio here in Norway only plays crap, so it wouldn’t have been on there for me to hear. And besides, it’s not like I’d listen to the radio considering all the crap music they play.

I suppose I’ll look into it.

I enjoy them. I haven’t listened to them very much, though Come As You Are is frequently on any CD’s I have.

Originally posted by Dragon Tear
He shot himself in the head in 1992, died at the age of 27 sheds a tear
Oh well. We still have the Foo fighters.

Actually, he died < recites from memory > April 5th 1994, his body was found April 8th

And he did not kill himself.
He was murdered by Courtney Love
Get your attention?
go to www.justiceforkurt.com
I will post some of the main points why he did not kill himself shortly. First, I must gather them

Kurt Cobain was a human being.

He blew his own brains out.

Get over it- and stop exploiting his death for your anti-Love agenda (which is what all this crap really is about, and I’m sick of both sides).

Damnit- I like Hole. I like Nirvana- I don’t like the bullshit that the fans of both bands have started.

EDIT: Oh- that website has more logic holes than if I shot swiss cheese with an automatic rifle.

courtney love killed him, but only figuratively, which is what i was hinting at

I don’t care who killed him. The point still stands that Courtney Love is a bitch.

While I have to say that there are things about the death of Kurt Cobain that definitly are mysterious, the police report and the coroner ruled it as a suicide - people that know much more about what happend than you or I ruled it a suicide, so I call it a suicide.

It’s about stuff that doesn’t make sense, my friend, logic
like this:

Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Although there is no DIRECT physical evidence connecting Courtney Love to Kurt Cobain’s death, there are many unanswered questions.
The quotes that I have here come from www.justiceforkurt.com

Kurt’s had 3 times the lethal dose of Heroin in his system when he died.
By scientific investigations, scientists clocked the time between pulling the needle out of your arm, and unconciousness: 30 seconds. Now, you may say he stuck the needle in, pulled it out, then pulled the trigger. No way. His heroin supplies were neatly wrapped up in their appropreate packages in a ciggar box 3 feet away from his body. Besides, why kill yourself with Herion, then shoot yourself? Sheesh.

The day after Kurt escaped rehab in California (a week or so before he died) Courtney cancelled his credit card. When his body was found, his credit card was missing. About two weeks after his body was found, somebody attempted to use the credit card. Weird, huh?

The shotgun ejection port was facing the left. Why were the shotgun shells located to the right?

There were no legible fingerprints on the gun. Not even Kurts. Weird again, huh?

The “suicide” note was not a suicide note at all.
Infact, the ONLY references to suicide in the whole note were in the last four lines. The four lines which matched Courtney Love’s handwriting. Another weird coincidence, huh?

There are alot more things, but I’m too lazy…time to quote

STRANGE BEHAVIOUR
Why did Courtney pretend to be Kurt’s mother when calling in the missing person’s report to the SPD on April 4th?

Why didn’t Courtney tell Grant and the SPD that Kurt had been seen at their home on April 2nd?

Why was Grant told to watch a drug dealers house and check hotels for Kurt, but not told that Dewitt had seen him at the house?

Why did Dylan not show Grant the greenhouse when Rosemary Carroll is recorded as telling Grant that she heard Courtney tell Dylan to look in the Greenhouse.

Why did Rosemary Carroll think Kurt’s death was suspicious? Why did she tell Grant about the divorce and the will? Why is she now silent?

Why did Courtney release that cropped image of Kurt with the toy gun, shortly after his death?

Why didn’t Eldon Hoke (El Duce) come forward sooner?

“Frances and Courtney, I’ll be at your altar.” - Why doesn’t anyone ever question this part of the note?

Why did it take 2 years for Sgt. Cameron to say that a rookie must have made a mistake in the police reports about “the marks on Kurt’s hands” ?

Why hasn’t Courtney sued Tom Grant for his claims, but yet sues everyone else on a spin of a dime?

Where was Pat Smear during the week of April 1st - April 8th?

Why didn’t Nikolas Hartshorne the coroner, disclaim and deny the 1.52 mgs of heroin that was found in Kurt’s body at the time of death after he has done numerous interviews (VH1 Confidential)?

Why did Rosemary Carroll, Kurt and Courtney’s entertainment attorney, tell Tom Grant that “Kurt was not suicidal”?

Why did Rosemary Carroll tell Tom Grant that the note left by Michael “Cali” DeWitt sounded phony?

Why did Rosemary Carroll tell Tom Grant that Courtney had “no business in Los Angeles”?

If all of Kurt and Courtney’s friends knew that he was suicidal, why didn’t they keep an eye on him?

If Dylan Carlson knew Kurt was suicidal, why did he buy the gun for Kurt?

When Courtney found out that Kurt fled rehab, why did she contact a PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR and not the POLICE first?

Why didn’t Courtney go back to Seattle to help locate and maybe save her “suicidal husband”?

Why didn’t Courtney call all their friends and family up in Seattle and organize a massive search party the minute Kurt fled the rehab and headed back to Seattle?

Why did Rosemary Carroll back off Grant after he replied to the letter he received from her firm threatening to sue him? Did he strike a chord or something?

Why did Courtney want to keep Grant on the pay roll and get him to sign a confidentiality agreement if he had openly admitted to her what his feelings of Kurt’s “suicide” were?

What happened to Cali, and why was he always around - in Rome, at the house, whenever there was a problem? Why wasn’t he ever really interviewed/questioned?

Who else did the confidentiality agreement effect besides Rosemary Carroll? i.e. other friends/associates of Kurt and Courtney who can not speak about this, even if they wanted to?

THE CRIME SCENE
Why was the ejected shell of the shotgun found to the left and not the right of the body? This one is extremely important. More important than the heroin in my opinion.
Why were standard tests not performed such as a GSR kit, analysis of the contents of the root beer can, (read the reports the can was found with liquid in it but logged into evidence as empty) fingerprinting of the greenhouse, etc.

Were any trajectory tests done to show what the position of the shotgun was when it was fired? If not why weren’t they done?

Were any measurements taken to see if it was even possible for him to shoot the gun? If not why weren’t the done? The picture of him with the toy gun is just that a toy gun this shot gun was much longer and Kurt wasn’t a big guy.

Why did Sgt. Cameron lie to Tom Grant about Kurt being barricaded in the greenhouse and that the little ‘stool was wedged up against the door’?

Why were items logged into evidence in the case turned back over to Courtney before the case was even 30 days old?

That’s ONLY the beginning
Check these out at www.justiceforkurt.com
Profiles
Timeline of Events
Aftermath
Case Documents
Crime Scene
Frequently Asked Questions
Unanswered Questions
Editorials
Kurt Was Not Suicidal
The Rome Incident I highly suggest reading this
Dead Men Don’t Pull Triggers
El Duce I highly suggest you read this as well
Handwriting Annaylisis

Kurt’s “Suicide” note
(myself and many others believe this was actually a note to his fans, explaining WHY he was planning on quiting the music business)

To Boddah:

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand.

All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community had proven to be very true. I haven’t felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guilty beyond words about these things.

For example, when we’re backstage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begin, it doesn’t affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the love and adoration from the crowd which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can’t fool you, any one of you. It simply isn’t fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I’m having 100% fun.

Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I’ve tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do, God, believe me I do, but it’s not enough). I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. It must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they’re gone. I’m too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child.

On our last 3 tours, I’ve had a much better appreciation for all the people I’ve known personally, and as fans of our music, but I still can’t get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There’s good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little, sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces, Jesus man. Why don’t you just enjoy it? I don’t know!

I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what I used to be, full of love and joy, kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point to where I can barely function. I can’t stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable, self-destructive, death rocker that I’ve become.

I have it good, very good, and I’m grateful, but since the age of seven, I’ve become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much, I guess.

Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I’m too much of an erratic, moody baby! I don’t have the passion anymore, and so remember, it’s better to burn out than to fade away.

Peace, love, empathy, Kurt Cobain
Frances and Courtney, I’ll be at your altar.

Please keep going Courtney,
for Frances
For her life, which will be so much happier
without me. I love you, I love you

alright…it is time to let the cat out of the bag,i killed Curt…he beat me at chess and stole my fuzzy bunny slippers,no one does that…i dont even know courtney…whew…i feel much better now

Great… a smartass :stuck_out_tongue:
edit: <b>another</b> smartass

go > chess

kthzx

Originally posted by lynch_fan
alright…it is time to let the cat out of the bag,i killed Curt…he beat me at chess and stole my fuzzy bunny slippers,no one does that…i dont even know courtney…whew…i feel much better now

I stole your bunny slippers- not Kurt. BITCH!

I planted them on his feet, just to see him DIE!

noooooooo! my whole life has been a lie…why?! why would you do such a thing!!!

Come on! show some fuckin respect!

Ummmm… www.justiceforkurt.com ? Am I actually the only one who sees something SERIOUSLY wrong with that? o_O
You’re not one of those “OMFG courtney killed him I want revengeeee I’m his biggest fan arghhhhhhhh!” guys… are you?

Originally posted by lynch_fan
noooooooo! my whole life has been a lie…why?! why would you do such a thing!!!

Like I said, I just wanted to see him die. I HATE women like Kurt.

I’m sorry if i offended anyone with my comment…it was not meant as disrespectful to the dead or anyone else. I even spelled his name wrong to make it glaringly obvious that it was a joke,not an insult…it was a silly response to what i feel is a silly arguement…

courtney love is cool

Yeah. I love Hole- they have some of the best music I’ve ever heard. I know the lyrics aren’t hers- but I really don’t care.

It sounds good, which is all I need.