of olden days and FFII

Well I know there isn’t any intro thread in this forum but I’m not here to introduce myself. Probably some of you if you remember a few years ago knew me as Omega Weapon but I had a few problems that kept me from coming here for a long while so I’d just like to state for the record that it’s good to be back.

On another note I thought I would mention that I felt that Final Fantasy II’s battle system is much under-rated sure it’s not the best in the world but it’s tiring to hear FF fans claiming that FFII is the worst in the series because of it’s game play. It’s very creative and deserves to be known as one of the best Battle systems I’ve seen in a long time.

And on another note who can’t wait for FF Crystal Chronicals that’s sure to be a great game.

The post-Game Boy SaGa series continued FF2’s battle system, so if you like it, try those games. Personally I couldn’t stand it (nor any of the SaGa games, for that matter).

I hate it, I think it is the worst experience system ever, followed closely by FF VIII. Now, even if you can convince the whole world (myself included) that it is an under-rated system, that doesn’t mean I can’t still hate it. It’s all really a matter of personal preference. My reason for disliking it is that it is too different. If you like it, go ahead and play.

I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything. If there was a system I thought was horrible it would be the experience system in FFX now that was annoying as heck.

I’m just saying that I liked FFII’s experience system more because weanyway you put it you could get your characters uber strong in the beginning of the game and be set to go.

What I didn’t like about FFII was the fact that it took forever to get enough Gil when buying items or supplies

What I didn’t like about FFII was the fact that it took forever to get enough Gil when buying items or supplies

Not if you sold the numerous Magic Scrolls that the enemies usually drop.

Yeah, but I mean Gil from individual battles, think of it this way in more current final fantasies the stonger the enemy the more money you get at the end of a battle. In FFII though, even for strong enemies you got very little money after a battle thus you had to fight twice as much in FFII in order to get enough for equipment which at times was majorly expensive.

Sometimes you’d get a lot though. You know, the Gil amounts in that game had certain ranges. Weird system, really. But I kinda liked it.

I didn’t mind the battle system but I thought the story was lacking and I thought the game was extremely short.