Oddness with my Keyboard

I can only seem to make an uppercase M if I turn capslock on; if I hold a shift key and press it, nothing happens.

Does anyone have ANY idea what could make such a thing happen? At all?

You might have left your Caps on while you were trying to cap your M, or perhaps you might have been using your Ctrl on your M by accident.

You should ask yourself how many times have you failed to cap your M with your shift? Does your shift still work with the other keys? And do you feel lucky?

Well? Do you? Punk!

If your answers to the above questions were alot, yes, and silently disarming yourself then my only other guess is that you accidentally managed to create a Macro out of your M somehow. And my is that you either type using the other shift or get a new keyboard until you figure out the problem.

Editor’s Note: Btw, pardon the bad puns but it’s early in the morning, and I’mmm sooo tiiiirrred. So sick and tired of love! :fungah: groans That I just can’t help myself anymore, but at least I tried to answer your question with ANY idea that I had.

Neither shift works, and every other key works perfectly. I’ve tested. It’s REALLY weird.

You may be right about needing a new keyboard, though.

If I, somehow, DID manage to set a macro without knowing it, how would I go about checking?

I’m not exactly sure how to either assemble or disassemble a macro. The only thing I can suggest is for you to use the oft neglected help functions, or wait until somebody who knows more about Macros comes along and helps.

…and suddenly, it works again. Odd.

I still need a knew keyboard, though.