Nirvana fans

Well, John Lennon WAS murdered- but there is no real cult because we know who did it- unlike say… JFK.

They both died young, and it’s a shame when anybody dies young, especially people who are obviously gifted, but… people die. People get over it. No sane person spends ten years grieving about someone they LOVED nearly as much as Cobain’s little church have. I sure as Hell hope that nobody reacts like that when I die- and I’d hope that I’d never react like that to somebody’s death.

Well, I really don’t know that too many people are still actively “grieving” over his death, so I think you’re overestimating the magnitude of this “church.” Yes, he has been “deified,” by fans and rock critics alike, even though he probably wouldn’t want to be, but that kind of thing isn’t really something that the person being deified has control over. It’s determined by people’s opinions and the value of that person’s contribution to music or art or whatever, and really, there’s no harm in that. I think you’re conflating the deification, the grief and the conspiracy theories into one, since you’re interchangeably attacking the conspiracy theories and the general notion that someone should “give a fuck” about Cobain’s death.