Nintendo says they will not make a successor to the GameCube

Jeezis…the title gave me a heart attack.

Although the claim in the topic has been refuted, somewhat, here is some evidence that should further show that the successor is indeed in development.

That’s a relief. I had been getting worried that Nintendo was walking down the dark ultra-consumerist path of Sony and Microsoft, whose corporate strategy is to bleed the people who play their games dry of their money - and do that by releasing new consoles one after another (to drive up prices of current sales items while keeping demand the same), rather than try and develop their current console to its maximum potential. The NES and SNES did that, and those were the glory days for Nintendo, where they were doing well as a company AND not being corporate ultra-dickasses. It’s good to see a return to that original philosophy, especially when they’re competing with giants like Sony and Microsoft. It takes a lot of chutzpah to do that, and I totally respect Nintendo for that. Rock on, and rock hard!

-Mazrim Taim

Microsoft has released one console and Sony two, compared to Nintendo’s like five or so.

Yeah and they’ve been in the business way shorter than Nintendo has. Microsoft only just got into it, and after Sony got into it is when Nintendo started to be sucky (with the rush for-and-past the N64).

Yep, Nintendo’s the best. I don’t care if I have to wait a couple of extra years (or more) for the next console.

I remember when my brothers and I first saw Super Smash Brothers Melee. It was a big step up from the N64. Of course, graphics aren’t what games are made of. I still enjoy playing Mario Kart 64 even after playing Mario Kart: Double Dash. That’s what makes Nintendo great. Even after a new, “better” console is out, it’s still fun to play those older games. Another example is Lufia 2. I got that for my birthday last year and it’s still entertaining even after playing the GameCube.

When Nintendo does release the new console, I’m sure it’ll be as shocking as when I first played the GameCube. You rock Nintendo! I hope you are still going years from now. Hurrah for Nintendo!:yipee:

Is there a rush?

Son of a fuck, Giza.
You had to get my hopes up didn’t you?

“I heard that some of the “next-generation” systems are supposed to be released next year.”

“Although the claim in the topic has been refuted, somewhat, here is some evidence that should further show that the successor is indeed in development.”

I love it when I’m right.:yipee:

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I’m probably totally wrong, but I heard that some of the “next-generation” systems are supposed to be released next year.

I’ve heard that Nintendo’s next console is due out late 2004 (doubtful)/early 2005 (or maybe it was mid-late 2005). That puts them ahead of PS3 and SuX-BoX 2. And it better have GC compatibility.

You should probably note in your titles from now on the most inportant part of the topic: for another 3 years.

You really scared a loyal Nintendo fan, making it sound like they were taking the route Sega took.