Nintendo says they will not make a successor to the GameCube

Untill 2007.

For two or three years. Jeez, leave out the most important part in your topic title!

Yeah that was very misleading.

No they didn’t, you didn’t even read the article did you?

Guess I missed that part.
Well no successor to the GameCube for the Next-Generation of consoles.
That sound better?

Yeah, had me scared for a second.

They didn’t say that was proven either. You people really need to make sure you know what the hell you’re posting about before you post it.

“First – much of the Nikkei article is speculation. Mr. Iwata’s comments are from a prior interview and not in direct response to the subjects raised in the article,” said Nintendo of America’s director of public relations Beth Llewlyn. “Second – We are staying in the hardware business. We’re working on our next generation console system and will launch it at the same time as our competitors.”

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
Guess I missed that part.
Well no successor to the GameCube for the Next-Generation of consoles.
That sound better?

Not really. It’s still wrong. Besides, I haven’t heard of the next new consoles being released until 2006 at the earliest anyway.

Giza, it helps to actually read the article <b>before</b> you post it.

Ok fine.
I’m wrong. =P

I saw that on GameFAQs and I just quickly looked through the article so I missed those points.

You could at least include “until 2007” in your title. It had me astonished for a second.

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
You could at least include “until 2007” in your title. It had me astonished for a second.

Well I added it to the post.

I felt I’d like to get a scare out of people when they read it first.
You know, attract more people to the topic. =P

I don’t even have a Gamecube (although I am HIGHLY considering buying one), and I was horrified when I read the topic. If Nintendo stopped making consoles, all the original companies would cease to exist. Ever since Atari went under, things have been going bad for the old companies, I tell ya! Curse you, Sony! Curse you, Microsoft! From hell’s heart, I stab at thee! finishes his 600th cup of coffee

From what I readed, Nintendo didn’t planned to make an entirely new console yet.
To keep up with the competition, they’ll release new hardware to boost the gamecube instead of starting from scratch.
Smart move.

Interesting how “no new console” is what came out as the thread title, since that’s not mentioned until about half-way down. It makes sense that they’re releasing peripherals, and stuff, blah blah blah. Sorry, I’m tired. I need to get to sleep now.

You know, consoles are lasting les and less in companies selling lists. Atari lasted decades. SNES lasted almost some 10 good years if I remember well. I don’t think N64 lasted five. If they did trash Game Cube now, we could expect the next system to last as good as an year. Nobody would ever buy such a thing.

Nintendo has to make systems that last longer, and this idea they had for GC was the first sensible thing they’ve done in years.

The day Nintendo will stop making consoles is far from now. Why the fuck should they stop? They having awesome sales on the GC and GBA.

I’m probably totally wrong, but I heard that some of the “next-generation” systems are supposed to be released next year.

I kinda liked the idea of upgrading a current system, rather than making a whole new one though.

Originally posted by Ren
[b]You know, consoles are lasting les and less in companies selling lists. Atari lasted decades. SNES lasted almost some 10 good years if I remember well. I don’t think N64 lasted five. If they did trash Game Cube now, we could expect the next system to last as good as an year. Nobody would ever buy such a thing.

Nintendo has to make systems that last longer, and this idea they had for GC was the first sensible thing they’ve done in years. [/b]

There’s usually about 5 years between console generations, this hasn’t varied very much. N64 didn’t last long because it didn’t do well. SNES lasted a long time because it did well, so companies kept making games for it even as next generation systems were coming out.

:fungah:

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15369