New Trade Center design revealed

http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3757111&p1=0

If they were smart, they wouldn’t make the building taller. They’d probably do something like… oh… I dunno… make a bunch of shorter buildings that would be easily guarded from terrorist attacks, rather than a large ugly targe…err… spire.

‘Freedom Tower’?

Not so sound insulting or anything, but; give me a break.

Did anyone catch those oh so stupid web videos a while back about how it should look like? Suggestions including a centre with a hole in the middle, and a bendy one, and one with trampolines on eahc side. Morons.

And CC, where would they find the room? I thought the WTC was surrounded by other buildings. Or are they going to clear space or what? Me does not know.

From the article
Liebskin told “Today” that the height, 1,776 feet, reflects “a date that speaks to the whole world” – America’s year of independence.

that’s kinda cool, at the risk of being pretty tacky.

Well, I for one am pleased that out of the ashes of these devastating terrorist attacks will come a new, shinier, flashier, BIGGER testament to the glorious manhood of the United States of America. With the building of the new WTC, we have the opportunity show the rest of the world who REALLY has the most massive cock.

-Mazrim Taim

I have nothing to add to this conversation, but I just have to say this: VERY well put, Maz.

I dunno, I always thought it was the south side of Manhattan giving the finger to the rest of the world…

Well, this should inpire people…but they might be just making a bigger target for next time we’re attacked, who knows?

Originally posted by Pierson

Did anyone catch those oh so stupid web videos a while back about how it should look like?

Someone made one that looked 5 towers in a row, 4 small with a tall one in the middle.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
If they were smart, they wouldn’t make the building taller. They’d probably do something like… oh… I dunno… make a bunch of shorter buildings that would be easily guarded from terrorist attacks, rather than a large ugly targe…err… spire.

It’s in no way easier to guard from terrorist attacks :stuck_out_tongue: It’s symbolism, and as Maz said, this will prove that the US will regrow a even more massive phallus :smiley:

CC and Uriel: I think they will make it a lot sturdier so that despite being an easier target nothing short of a couple of jumbos can cause serious damage. New architecture might keep it from suffering the up-down hammering effect that made the previous towers collapse. Plus, it must be easier to repair in case it’s attacked.

As for being a symbol, I think it’ll be just that and nothing more. There’ll be so much security working in, on and around the tower that it’ll look like a military complex rather than a commercial building. That’d be bad for business.

It looks pretty, but pretty is all too often means fragile.

It’s designed as a symbol, not as an improved and more secured building. Which is sad really.