New Haruhi?

I was reading on ANN that during the reshowing of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on Japanese TV that a new episode was broadcast! Apparently they’re going in chronological order, and the episode was Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. I’m still trying to find a torrent, man… I’d love to have more Haruhi released here.

Yeah, after enough feints to piss off every other fan on the planet, they finally coughed up the new material.

Still, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody by itself is pretty boring, so I’m not that pumped just yet. Going cronologically, we’ll probably get Endless Eight after a while, and then Disappearance right at the end, that’s what I’m really waiting for.

I just hope they skip Sighs. I so do not give a shit about Haruhi being a bitch.

Also, I wonder if this means whatever is keeping Tanigawa from releasing Book 10 is over as well.

I finally broke down and watched it a few months back at the suggestion of a friend.

And yes my mind was blown.

Something I noticed during the episode where…um… not a whole fucking lot happens, the silver haired chick is in the room reading a book most of the time…

I couldn’t help but feel that the last segment of the awkward angle where the silver haired chick (it’s been a few months since I’ve seen it, sue me) is listening to the radio and reading a book was a major significant point. If you watch it, a few seconds before she closes her book and stands up, you see the camera get slightly twitchy. I haven’t studied the storyline or the manga or anything, but I feel that’s a leading point to something Big.

Actually… that chapter was an anime-original written by the novel author as a kind of joke saying “Kyon is really vital to the whole thing, check out how boring things are when he’s not around”. There’s nothing going on at all.

I’ve been subsisting on the Haruhi-Chan and Nyoron Churuya-San shorts up until recently so finally having something new out of the main series is nice.