Need games.

I’m trying to spruce up my little collection of games; and I’d like to hear what games you think would fit in, or whatever is good right now. Since my birthday is coming up, I get shittonnes of cash to buy whatever games I want. These are the games I have:

Amplitude
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance
Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance 2
Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
Bouncer, The
Champions of Norrath
Champions: Return to Arms
Chaos Legion
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening
Drakengard
Enter the Matrix
Everquest
Everquest: Ruins of Kunark
Everquest: Scars of Velius
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Frequency
Galerians
Galerians: Ash
Grandia
Grandia 2
Grandia 3
ICO
Indigo Prophecy
Jade Cocoon
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kuon
Legend of Dragoon
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Nightmare Creatures
ObsCure
Parasite Eve
Radiata Stories
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Resident Evil: Code Veroica X
Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2
Resident Evil Survivor
Shadow of the Colossus
Shadowbane
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Siren
SSX
SSX Tricky
SSX3
SSX on Tour
Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time
Tekken 5
Ultima Online
Vagrant Story
Xenogears

Y’see, I’m a big survival horror and RPG fan; without many interests for other genres; but I do enjoy fighting, and FPS games a lot. The reason I do not own many is because I think they are a waste of time with such small replay value and game length.

What I need are games that’ll keep me going on and on; and that aren’t boring after the first 1-2 hours (looking at you Vagrant Story). I get like 200$, so you can list as many games as you want and I’ll look each up on IGN/GameFAQs/Gamespot/whatever, and look at reviews and gameplay movies, to see if it’s any interesting.

I’d ask that it be strictly PSone and PS2; but I do have a computer, so any wicked non-subscription fee games for PC are great. Although my computer isn’t the most powerful, I guess it’s about average for a gaming PC.

Rare games are okay to list too. : )

EDIT; I also need gift suggestions for my friend. He wants a good PSP game; but I know shit about what games to get for PSP. I do, however, know that a port of Valkyrie Profile is being released for the PSP.

Arc the Lad Collections is damn fun. I also suggest LUNAR: Silver Star Story and Eternal BLue Complete.

I agree with Val. The Wild Arms series is fun too.

Do NOT get Wild ARMs 4. Trust me. As an idea of how bad it is: It’s the only RPG I’ve ever played that I actually regret playing now. Seriously. It sucked.

Get Lunar Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue. Don’t get any of the others

He won’t like the graphics.

You’re missing all the important PS2 RPGs:

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Growlanser Generations
Shadow Hearts
Okage: Shadow King

I found that Tales of Destiny is a good game.

It’s only like $10 new - it’s a crime not to buy it! (You’re welcome. :D) (Plus, there’s still money left over for other games.)

Even though Sin thinks you won’t like the graphics, I stand behind others in recommending the PSX Lunar games; although the stories can be clichéd and the graphics are a bit old-school, they’re still lots of fun. The characters in each game and the ways they interact make them so super. :slight_smile: I loved Silver Star Story, and I’m almost done with Eternal Blue which I have enjoyed as well. I also heartily recommend Dragon Quest VIII; it’s visually stunning with a fun story and characters. Battles are old school turn-based.

coughCastlevania:Symphony of the Nightcough

By the way… has anyone read anything good about the PSP port of Valkyrie Profile? The only review I could find for it was quite negative.

Try these games:

Counter-Strike (PC online FPS)
Half-Life (PC FPS)
Breath of Fire 3-4 (PS1 RPGs)
Suikoden III-V (PS2 RPGs)

Fallout 2.

You could always try to find a copy of Parasite Eve 2. Oh that and Lunar:Silver star Story.

Okage: Shadow King has a good storyline,easy battle interface (attacking,finding monsters,etc.) and it is full of challenging puzzles.Metal Arms:Glitch in the System is a fun shooter.It has a decent storyline,wide variety of weapons,quite a few kinds of enemies,2 player mode and a taser that allows you to hack into other bots.

Broaden your horizons, buy Flipnic.

Seriously, you won’t regret it. :sunglasses:

Counter-Strike (PC online FPS)

I agree get this game. Also they have online contest that you can win cash or game systems^_^

What’s Flipnic? Is it crunchy?

Flipnic is sort-of zero gravity 3D pinball, designed by a Japanese person on a combination of LSD and printer toner. It begins with a pixellated monkey going fishing to the tune of “Daisy, daisy”. That’s all you need to know.