N5, PS3, and Xbox2 are in big trouble! New Company entering the console market!

Hopefully they wont blatently rip their logo off of a skate company like “Infinium Labs” did.

Okay, I am slightly confused now, but I am pretty sure Infinium Labs is a fraud…lol nice reference to Penny-Arcade by the way! If you don’t love Gabe, then your definitely not a gamer! :noway:

Everyone loves Gabe, but surely linking is easier and less bandwidth-consuming than posting the actual comic here.

And I’m going to be very interested in IL’s E3 stand. >:D

Right now there’s only a handful of PC gaming companies out there, Microsoft and Vivindi being the two largest. In fact, Blizzard and Valve are both owned by Vivindi, as are a large number of other developers. The same is also true of Microsoft, who also own a number of developing houses. PC gaming developers today are either part of a larger company, or are very small and cater to small fan bases. There aren’t really any Blizzard-esque companies out there that are still independant.

Entering the console race between Xbox, GCN, and PS2 and can’t even be called trouble unless the company makes a mega hit like Xbox did with Halo, which I highly doubt will happen. Microsoft already had experience with making games. This company apparently doesn’t.

Cool.
Will they have any games at all?

And of course, I’d have to get interested in having cable first. Which I doubt I will be. I only watch two television channels and I get those just fine through my good old table antenna.

NES 5? That the next Nintendo console?

Originally posted by Pierson

And I’m going to be very interested in IL’s E3 stand. >:D

Im going to go and put darkstar stickers all over it.

Uh, i cant really say anything that hasnt been said. Itll fluke.

Ive heard of this company. they make pretty good cable boxes and some other cable related hardware. In this sense, i think that they could make a decent console, but the games would suck.

Originally posted by Cala
NES 5? That the next Nintendo console?

It’s the rumored name for it.
I doubt it’s true, but it’s the only name that has been made for the next Nintendo console.

Coulda sworn there was a console planned for 2005… Or maybe that’ll be the DS.

Originally posted by Cala
Coulda sworn there was a console planned for 2005… Or maybe that’ll be the DS.

That would be the Xbox 2.
Microsoft wants to get it out by Late 2005, or Early 2006 to get the head-start on Sony.

I doubt it will go anywhere.

I also doubt the XBox 2 will be very good.

NES 5? Going with the same pattern as XBox and PS? I wish they wouldn’t. I prefer the intresting names to simply counting numbers, but whatever.

Originally posted by Bing
[b]I doubt it will go anywhere.

I also doubt the XBox 2 will be very good.
[/b]

I don’t see why it wouldn’t.
The Xbox is an amazing system.

Although I am sort of edging towards the Ps3 next round…

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
I don’t see why it wouldn’t.
The Xbox is an amazing system.

Yeah, you could use it for body armor/

Interesting (maybe) fact about the Xbox 2 (codename: Xenon): It won’t have a hard drive. It’s likely to use flashcards instead. That’s from an interview with M-Systems, a partner of Microsoft’s in Xenon’s development. But I guess we’ll learn more official details during the Game Developers Conference (March 22 - March 26).

Originally posted by Macc Maverick
Interesting (maybe) fact about the Xbox 2 (codename: Xenon): It won’t have a hard drive. It’s likely to use flashcards instead. That’s from an interview with M-Systems, a partner of Microsoft’s in Xenon’s development. But I guess we’ll learn more official details during the Game Developers Conference (March 22 - March 26).

It’s true.
Although… refresh my memory on what flashcards are.

You know those things you shove into digital cameras to expand their storage capacity? Those are flashcards.

Oooooooh.
How much can it hold?